PDA

View Full Version : ObamaCare Tech Surge

Voodoochild
11-04-13, 16:45
Looks like he got the best and brightest on it.

http://www.duffelblog.com/2013/11/obama-tech-healthcare-gov/

Eurodriver
11-04-13, 17:17
Unfortunately, this is more true than people reading duffleblog know.

The government bureaucracies can't even manage MyPay, DTS, MOL, 3270, GCSS-MC, and don't even get me started on NMCI, without a ton of errors and long wait times for repairs.

But somehow these exchanges are going to be fixed and up and running with no issues?

It's simply exposing the average Joe to the inefficiency of the Federal Government that they never would've seen otherwise.

Voodoochild
11-04-13, 17:47
I never really have any issues with MyPay or DTS. Don't use GCCS-MC but have heard horror stories. As far as NMCI goes I am in the process of un****ing Parris Island from that disaster. Rebuilding all the server and virtualizing them.

You have no idea just how FUBAR they were. How is it that i 2013 a server still has IE6 on it? And basically no patching or hardening at all.

tb-av
11-04-13, 19:12
Somehow they have sent out paperwork with personal info on it to all the wrong people.

Also there is some woman with stage 4 cancer and she has lost all her doctors.

That whole thing is a disaster. Obama should be run out of town on a rail.

http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB10001424052702304527504579171710423780446

http://americanoverlook.com/obamacare-exchange-already-leaks-personal-information-of-2400-people/104715

FlyingHunter
11-04-13, 19:39
I'm convinced the technical capability of the website and it's functionality will be fixed and eventually work well.

I'm also convinced the future of our healthcare and subjugation to the feds will only get worse and need life support.

SeriousStudent
11-04-13, 20:15
I know one of the tech surge people. He's on loan from a very large firm you've all heard of. I'll ply him with Bourbon when this is over, and let him regale me with tales of epic motardity.

I sent him a text message yesterday, and all I got back was: "FML".

And NMCI... such fun. I never worked on it, but worked for one of the VERY senior people that in charge of it, after he had left EDS. There is a really big problem with being right about 90 percent of the time, but convinced you are right 100 percent of the time. That was his issue.

He'd also never been filled in on a .gov document called the Emancipation Proclamation. He would have fit right in on a plantation somewhere. :rolleyes:

Business_Casual
11-05-13, 06:50
My Mother raised me to not put my feet on the furniture.

b_c

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-05-13, 13:05
I can't believe the GOP isn't plastering all over the place "Mission Accomplished " banner all over Obamacare with the roll out of the website and the lies about being able to keep your insurance.

Mark

glocktogo
11-05-13, 13:45
I can't believe the GOP isn't plastering all over the place "Mission Accomplished " banner all over Obamacare with the roll out of the website and the lies about being able to keep your insurance.

Mark

That would assume there's intelligent life at GOP HQ. There isn't. :rolleyes:

lunchbox
11-05-13, 14:04
That would assume there's intelligent life at GOP HQ. There isn't. :rolleyes:Yup, it doesn't matter which way you swing politically your still voting for someone who couldn't find their A$$ with a map.