PDA

View Full Version : Attempted Ambush In Iraq

Safetyhit
05-04-08, 18:58
Anyone remember this?

It's an oldie, but a goodie worth revisiting. Always makes me feel better, even today.

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=60fd7b9937

Brilliance at it's best. :D

Seth Harness
05-04-08, 20:09
Apparetly those plans sucked.

{ OH REAL NICE OKMED!, as a result of your fine planning back at base we have them right where they want us! } ...Camera falls still in the dirt.

ddemis
05-05-08, 02:17
Thanks safetyhit never saw that one, mess with the best, die like the rest!

Oscar 319
05-05-08, 02:59
I love it when a plan comes together....that was bad ass.

Iraqgunz
05-05-08, 03:11
I worked in Dulab from 12/06-06/07 and there were some real dumb asses in that AO. They screwed with us back in Jan 07 and got fired up. I saw this video by chance when I was there and it was hilarious. Guess Darwin wins again.

Sam
05-05-08, 06:07
They preferred the "sabrina" ready. :D

DANGER CLOSE
05-05-08, 10:07
very sad case, another classic example of suicide by soldier. drive-by gone wrong.

what is with the iraqi youth these days and the allah gang, throwing up gang signs and claiming their set.

Ridge_Runner_5
05-05-08, 10:31
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/8591/81be6bb3c1daov8.jpg

11B101ABN
05-05-08, 13:40
very sad case, another classic example of suicide by soldier. drive-by gone wrong.

what is with the iraqi youth these days and the allah gang, throwing up gang signs and claiming their set.

LOL, love the parallel. Well put.

Severian
05-05-08, 16:29
blank

jakjakman
05-05-08, 22:49
http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e5/jakjakman/jihad_fail.jpg

u-baddog
05-06-08, 14:41
Eyeholes We forgot to cut the eyeholes ? [lol]

tuff
05-06-08, 17:27
Like it every time I have seen it!!! Good reminder post....

Safetyhit
05-06-08, 22:48
Good reminder post....

Thanks!!

:D

JediMindTricks
05-08-08, 00:03
As much as I support our boys and pray for their success when facing the enemy, I don't glorify the killing of another human being (even if they are suicidal maniacs). They met their demise as a result of their poor choices. It isn't something to parade, at least not in my eyes. It just goes to show right or wrong humanity has no place, or at least is shunned in war.

From the Tao Te Ching- Lao Tzu

Powerful men are well advised not to use violence,
For violence has a habit of returning;
Thorns and weeds grow wherever an army goes,
And lean years follow a great war.

A general is well advised
To achieve nothing more than his orders:
Not to take advantage of his victory.
Nor to glory, boast or pride himself;
To do what is dictated by necessity,
Not by choice.

For even the strongest force will weaken with time,
And then its violence will return, and kill it.

Here's another:

Armies are tools of violence;
They cause men to hate and fear.
The sage will not join them.
His purpose is creation;
Their purpose is destruction.

Weapons are tools of violence,
Not of the sage;
He uses them only when there is no choice,
And then calmly, and with tact,
For he finds no beauty in them.

Whoever finds beauty in weapons
Delights in the slaughter of men;
And who delights in slaughter
Cannot content himself with peace.

So slaughters must be mourned
And conquest celebrated with a funeral.

True words of wisdom.
At least these are principles that I try to live by. When one must fight to defend themselves, then fight they must, but it isn't anything to celebrate.

DANGER CLOSE
05-08-08, 09:04
they certainly got what they had coming. must be karma.:)

JediMindTricks
05-08-08, 09:43
they certainly got what they had coming. must be karma.:)

This is exactly what it was! This I do believe in.... ;)

decodeddiesel
05-08-08, 10:08
As much as I support our boys and pray for their success when facing the enemy, I don't glorify the killing of another human being (even if they are suicidal maniacs). They met their demise as a result of their poor choices. It isn't something to parade, at least not in my eyes. It just goes to show right or wrong humanity has no place, or at least is shunned in war.

Unfortunately you are correct. You must understand when you're a over there, living in filth and shit, away from your family and everything you've known you become very close to the family you do have i.e. your brothers you're serving with. When you see the family you DO have get killed at the hands of fanatics like this it is easy to harbor hate, resentment, and blood lust for them. Videos such as this one are a huge outlet for these feelings. I hate to say it, but seeing this type of video while over there (or even once you're back) make you feel good. Every time I see a dead insurgent I feel like it's vengeance for everyone of my friends that died. I'm sorry to say it, but I wish I could see a video like this each and every day.

ToddG
05-08-08, 10:13
As much as I support our boys and pray for their success when facing the enemy, I don't glorify the killing of another human being (even if they are suicidal maniacs).

An opposing view point (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo9buo9Mtos)

JediMindTricks
05-08-08, 14:29
Unfortunately you are correct. You must understand when you're a over there, living in filth and shit, away from your family and everything you've known you become very close to the family you do have i.e. your brothers you're serving with. When you see the family you DO have get killed at the hands of fanatics like this it is easy to harbor hate, resentment, and blood lust for them. Videos such as this one are a huge outlet for these feelings. I hate to say it, but seeing this type of video while over there (or even once you're back) make you feel good. Every time I see a dead insurgent I feel like it's vengeance for everyone of my friends that died. I'm sorry to say it, but I wish I could see a video like this each and every day.

Totally understandable. I am human, and if I was put in such a position, I'd most likely eat my own philosophy. I can't imagine being in such a position, and pray I never have to be, and even if I hate war, I respect the warrior!

JediMindTricks
05-08-08, 14:30
An opposing view point (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oo9buo9Mtos)

LOL, classic :D