PDA

View Full Version : More school-social media fun

Grand58742
11-05-13, 16:43
So apparently kids aren't the only ones that can't post anything on social media without the school scrutinizing it, now the parents are being watched as well?

12 On Your Side: Banned from child's elementary school for Facebook picture? (http://www.wrdw.com/home/headlines/12-On-Your-Side-Banned-from-childs-elementary-school-for-Facebook-picture-229770981.html)

She asked what she did wrong. "The principal is scared of you and she doesn't want you on the grounds. I ask for what? And he asks were you in the Army and I said yes. He's like do you have a concealed weapons permit? I said yes," says Mount.

Mount who is a parent volunteer says she is banned from the school for posting a picture of her new concealed weapons permit on her Facebook page.

Provided there is only one side of the story here, but what grown up adults do in their off time is no business whatsoever of a school their kids happen to attend. I'd like to hear the other side of this from the school's perspective.

However, if this does turn out the way this story portrays, I think there should be a principal getting the boot for overstepping her legal bounds to bring action against an ordinary citizen who has done nothing illegal.

Big A
11-05-13, 19:48
While the actions of the principal are reprehensible, I can't understand why the mother posted here CWP on Facebook. Seems pretty damn dumb to me...:confused:

Airhasz
11-05-13, 19:54
While the actions of the principal are reprehensible, I can't understand why the mother posted here CWP on Facebook. Seems pretty damn dumb to me...:confused:

Agreed, I hope she can at least keep her finger out of the trigger guard...

jpmuscle
11-05-13, 19:55
When I ready about the stupidity of such people who do things like this part of me really wants society to crumble so they would be left to fend for themselves and be able to see what both fear and human nature really are all about.

Dumb dumb dumb....

lunchbox
11-05-13, 20:09
This is why I don't even wear gun T-shirts/hats/etc. to pick my daughters up from daycare, nor have any gun related stickers on my car. I don't do FB either, but for other reasons...

Belmont31R
11-05-13, 20:14
Im glad you all are in so fear of being 'outed' you have to live like social hermits for fear the local school district is gonna get you. We've already lost if that is REALLY the case.

jpmuscle
11-05-13, 20:48
Im glad you all are in so fear of being 'outed' you have to live like social hermits for fear the local school district is gonna get you. We've already lost if that is REALLY the case.

Suppression of one's first amendment at it's finest, reality not withstanding.

rackham1
11-05-13, 21:42
Something tells me this story has nothing to do with the school scrutinizing Facebook. Have you guys had to spend any time around the Mommy Mafia at your kids' elementary school? This sounds like "that woman" who worked her way up the chain far enough to then alienate herself. My money is on that if the FB post is relevant at all, then it was the icing on a cake that goes back at least to the meeting with the principal who tried to tell her to back off.

lunchbox
11-06-13, 22:06
Something tells me this story has nothing to do with the school scrutinizing Facebook. Have you guys had to spend any time around the Mommy Mafia at your kids' elementary school? This sounds like "that woman" who worked her way up the chain far enough to then alienate herself. My money is on that if the FB post is relevant at all, then it was the icing on a cake that goes back at least to the meeting with the principal who tried to tell her to back off.These #%!*^@ are as vicious as pack of wolves. When they lock on to parent or child, all the little lackies follow suit, its down right despicable. I've never even showed up on their radar, but have heard about people that have and I choose not to let my personal/political beliefs/views cast negative shadow on my kids. Have protested, traveled around state w/ signs in hand, signed petitions, you name it etc. but at proper time and place not on FB/social media & not in kids school.