PDA

View Full Version : Lot Number For M855

Jack_Bauer
05-04-08, 22:00
Does anyone know if the Lot number WCC 04J002-005 is factory second ammo of first rate stuff?

Robb Jensen
05-04-08, 22:07
How is it packaged?

Jack_Bauer
05-05-08, 07:55
How is it packaged?

http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=7&f=133&t=540321

Robb Jensen
05-05-08, 07:59
If it's on strippers then more than likely it's GTG. If it were packaged loose I would say odds are it's seconds.

Jack_Bauer
05-05-08, 09:39
If it's on strippers then more than likely it's GTG. If it were packaged loose I would say odds are it's seconds.

Have you ever heard of Lake City packing factory seconds in 840 round blank ammo cans on strippers in bandoleers? I had a full crate 1680 rounds packed in strippers in bandoleers sealed in blank green ammo cans. From what some said on ar15.com and sportsmans guide that is some bad stuff, most said it jammed and wouldn't feed right. When I read that I sold mine ASAP and bought IMI M855.

Robb Jensen
05-05-08, 09:49
Have you ever heard of Lake City packing factory seconds in 840 round blank ammo cans on strippers in bandoleers? I had a full crate 1680 rounds packed in strippers in bandoleers sealed in blank green ammo cans. From what some said on ar15.com and sportsmans guide that is some bad stuff, most said it jammed and wouldn't feed right. When I read that I sold mine ASAP and bought IMI M855.

I haven't seen that. If it's not in normal LC packaging I'm always suspect as to why it's not.

Shihan
05-05-08, 12:31
The blank ammo cans are really cans that have had the cans outsides repainted. Its first quality ammo. I bought several cans of it with the LC wire seal still intact. What I was told by my ATK rep is it was transfered over to Federal for commercial sale and they had to take the military markings off of the cans.
I have one can left if anyone needs it? Daddy needs a new toy!

Jack_Bauer
05-05-08, 12:54
The blank ammo cans are really cans that have had the cans outsides repainted. Its first quality ammo. I bought several cans of it with the LC wire seal still intact. What I was told by my ATK rep is it was transfered over to Federal for commercial sale and they had to take the military markings off of the cans.
I have one can left if anyone needs it? Daddy needs a new toy!

You have a full 840rd. can sealed?

Shihan
05-05-08, 15:16
You have a full 840rd. can sealed?

Yup, had more but they left the roost.