PDA

View Full Version : Father tried to save his son

Brimstone
11-07-13, 13:37
Father arrested trying to save son from fire.

http://www.military.com/video/law-enforcement/police/cops-tase-dad-as-son-dies-in-fire/2813092810001/

If I want to risk my life to save my child, I should be allowed to do so. Sad outcome for sure.

Safetyhit
11-07-13, 13:46
What an unbelievably horrible story. Tased, cuffed and placed in a squad car for choosing to risk his life and to do all he could to save his little son.

I sure hope we don't get a "It was for his own good" response here because it will be deemed deeply offensive to many of us parents.

FromMyColdDeadHand
11-07-13, 13:46
He wins the step-father of the year award...

Airhasz
11-07-13, 14:20
What an unbelievably horrible story. Tased, cuffed and placed in a squad car for choosing to risk his life and to do all he could to save his little son.

I sure hope we don't get a "It was for his own good" response here because it will be deemed deeply offensive to many of us parents.

Then why do you think they did it?

J-Dub
11-07-13, 14:28
Several questions surrounding this story. Its fishy at best.

1. Everyone is quick to point out that the police are minutes away when seconds count. It took this genius MINUTES to figure out his step son was still inside......and he was outside???
2. I believe the Fire Fighters didn't go in because the blaze was too hot and too big. So if a FF isn't going in, a person without gear should?
3. If the Cops let him go in, both the son and dad would be dead and people would be bitching about the cops not keeping him out. Now that they kept the step father they are goons for killing the kid (even though i'd be willing to bet the child was already dead due to the size of the blaze and how long it had been burning).

There are more questions but I'm going to now sit back and enjoy the anti's.

Im sorry but if I'm on scene of a large home fire and Fire&Rescue has made it clear that they cant get in to the building, THERE IS NO CHANCE IN HELL I'm letting a family member get near the home. I understand they are only trying to get their son, but its past the point of being a hero at that time. Their death would be on me, and it aint happening. Their sons death, while a tragedy, has happened. We cant go back and get him out when the fire had just started. Would I arrest the guy? I don't know, I guess if he was violent and beyond being controlled (ie cant control himself and acting like a mad man) I guess i'd have no other choice.

skydivr
11-07-13, 14:34
I think they'd have to kill me to keep me for going after my child...

Irish
11-07-13, 19:21
I think they'd have to kill me to keep me for going after my child...

No question. Try stopping me from rescuing my kids...

Moose-Knuckle
11-07-13, 20:53
I really should stop reading GD, it gets the blood pressure up. :suicide:

RearwardAssist
11-07-13, 21:06
Several questions surrounding this story. Its fishy at best.

1. Everyone is quick to point out that the police are minutes away when seconds count. It took this genius MINUTES to figure out his step son was still inside......and he was outside???
2. I believe the Fire Fighters didn't go in because the blaze was too hot and too big. So if a FF isn't going in, a person without gear should?
3. If the Cops let him go in, both the son and dad would be dead and people would be bitching about the cops not keeping him out. Now that they kept the step father they are goons for killing the kid (even though i'd be willing to bet the child was already dead due to the size of the blaze and how long it had been burning).

There are more questions but I'm going to now sit back and enjoy the anti's.

Im sorry but if I'm on scene of a large home fire and Fire&Rescue has made it clear that they cant get in to the building, THERE IS NO CHANCE IN HELL I'm letting a family member get near the home. I understand they are only trying to get their son, but its past the point of being a hero at that time. Their death would be on me, and it aint happening. Their sons death, while a tragedy, has happened. We cant go back and get him out when the fire had just started. Would I arrest the guy? I don't know, I guess if he was violent and beyond being controlled (ie cant control himself and acting like a mad man) I guess i'd have no other choice.

I'm assuming you are not a parent but don't take offense if you are. I would 100% risk my life for a long shot to save any one of my children.

SeriousStudent
11-07-13, 21:30
My prayers go out to that family, that they find comfort and strength during this terrible tragedy.

I know it's easy to say "You weren't there, you wouldn't understand!" But a long time ago, I was a hose-dragger. I'm also a dad. I responded to more fires in occupied structures than I want to think about. So I understand this way, way better than I want to.

Please pray for this family. If you are not of a religious nature, please send a kind thought or a gentle word, for they surely need them.