PDA

View Full Version : UTG Tac Light

dp2826
11-07-13, 18:42
I recently purchased a UTG EL268 at the local sporting goods store. I also purchased a IWC mount n slot for a magpul handguard. My problem is that I have now decided to trade my current rifle for something a little better that comes with a quad rail. Daniel Defense DDM4 V1. The mount that the light comes with is pretty cheesy.
What would be a better light setup on this rail. Not sure if I should buy a new light or new mount.

Boba Fett v2
11-07-13, 19:24
Ditch the light. UTG is Airsoft grade stuff. You can maybe get by with it on a range toy, but I wouldn't subject it to hard use.

Sent from my piece of s**t phone using Tapatalk2 (which can be equally unreliable when coupled with a junk phone)

Kain
11-07-13, 19:28
My advice, for all that it is worth is if you can take the UTG light back and get your money back and then either do some reading up on lights on here, or just save yourself the trouble and go with a Surefire.

As far as a weapon light, and or light with mount, for the money Surefire G2X Tactical is hard to beat, I paid right around $70 for mine shipped, and puts out 320 lumens. I believe Magpul's new rail mounted light mount is also out now, or will be soon and that would seem to be a good deal for the money at $30. And there you have a weapon mounted light that shouldn't cost you more than $100 if you shop around.

That said, that is supposing you are wanting a light in a mount that you can actuate with your thumb. Though I would dump the UTG light faster than hell. Ask me how know. Or just trust me and don't skimp on something that you are betting life on.

Wake27
11-07-13, 19:52
I played paintball years ago when I was a freshman and sophomore in high school. UTG stuff didn't even work for that.

dp2826
11-07-13, 20:05
Wow. That bad huh. I will definitely take it back. Shouldn't have any problems returning it.

lunchbox
11-07-13, 20:26
Tried UTG once but fired it....Literally, fired gun and lights lens/reflective part kinda floated there as shotgun recoiled back (BTW package said rated for shotty). Friend watching me shoot said it was pretty comical...

Caduceus
11-07-13, 20:40
Wow. That bad huh. I will definitely take it back. Shouldn't have any problems returning it.
Yes. And NCStar is the same crap so dont buy it either.

Streamlight or Surefire.

TunaFisherman
11-07-13, 21:14
If your looking for cheap as far as price but good quality try a Streamlight polytac C4 LED.

Wake27
11-07-13, 21:57
Inforce is good too.

dp2826
11-08-13, 08:31
You mean like this one? http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Inforce-WML-HSP-Black-p/inf-wml-bwmh.htm

I'm having a hard time deciding between the inforce and the surefire g2x tac with a offset mount.

Jellybean
11-08-13, 21:15
You mean like this one? http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/Inforce-WML-HSP-Black-p/inf-wml-bwmh.htm

Yes

I'm having a hard time deciding between the inforce and the surefire g2x tac with a offset mount.

Something that may help to decide for you;
What is your budget?
Probably pretty close either way, but something like a SF G2 and a decent mount may be easier to find for less $$ on the EE or such, as opposed to the IF.

To further muddy the waters for you on light choices, Elzetta makes some nice lights.
Also, Gear Sector makes some nice mounts.
:)

dp2826
11-09-13, 07:16
If I could keep it under 150 I'd be good. I haven't looked at the EE for a light or mount. It seems when I look for anything else, people are asking 90% of new, or worse, sometimes higher than new.

I was looking at Gear Sector, they must be popular, can't find any in stock.