PDA

View Full Version : Troy upper assembly?

rmecapn
05-05-08, 12:57
I was looking at some upper receiver assemblies on Troy's website. I emailed the company but haven't heard back from them (it's been about a week). Can anyone answer the following questions concerning their uppers? (Particularly the model #CQB-SPC-A3-BLK-556.)

What barrel steel?
Do they include the BCG?
If so, is it MPI'd?
Who makes the upper?

Any help with these questions would be most appreciated.
Thanks,
Karl

carl.c
04-27-12, 07:00
I'm looking to revive this thread if possible. I just purchased a Troy CQB 16 upper, and I'm looking for help determining what components are used. Anyone know who manufactures the barrel, receiver, and bolt carrier group?

I'm looking down the road at potential upgrades such as a BCM Ionbond BCG, or a matching upper lower receiver set for better fit (the fit is atrociously tight with my Rock River lower, HELP). I basically want to ensure that whatever I do is an upgrade, not a downgrade. The limited information on Troy's website has been less than helpful. All opinions on this matter or links to better resources are appreciated.

Tarbell
04-27-12, 08:30
Barrel is LWRCi.

Sent from my PG06100 using Tapatalk 2

carl.c
04-27-12, 08:56
Nice, thank you

carl.c
04-27-12, 09:27
Another note on the barrel; it looks like it has a carbine length gas system of around 7.5 inches past the receiver as opposed to mid-length as advertised on Troy's website.

Tarbell
04-27-12, 14:36
Another note on the barrel; it looks like it has a carbine length gas system of around 7.5 inches past the receiver as opposed to mid-length as advertised on Troy's website.

That is a mistake on their website. The Troy CQB 16" Upper is definitely Carbine gas.

carl.c
04-27-12, 16:12
I'm slowly learning my lesson that I should just stick with the ironsights when it comes to Troy.

Tarbell
04-27-12, 21:24
I wouldn't say carbine gas is a negative, but I guess it would be nice to get what the manufacturer says it comes with.

VIP3R 237
04-27-12, 22:17
I prefer the carbine length myself, but ive only seen the troy uppers at shot show. For the price they are asking I would assume its decent quality components.

I wouldn't say carbine gas is a negative, but I guess it would be nice to get what the manufacturer says it comes with.

Reminds me of s&w with their m&p 15 ts they advertised for almost 2 years as a middy but when they showed up at the stores they were all carbines.

carl.c
04-30-12, 15:58
I spoke with someone from Troy today. They used to sell carbine-length 16-inch uppers, but now they do in fact sell mid-length uppers as advertised (they just need to update the pic on the site). I guess I was unlucky enough to end up with one of the older ones off of Amazon.com. Thank God for their return policy.

lunchbox
04-30-12, 16:04
I think all RRA are real tight on mil-spec uppers.

carl.c
04-30-12, 16:11
Yeah, I'm planning on ditching the RRA and saving up for a Noveske matched upper/lower.

lunchbox
05-01-12, 13:08
Yeah, I'm planning on ditching the RRA and saving up for a Noveske matched upper/lower.

Sexy choice, but don't ditch RRA just yet. Even a half way good rifle is good to teach wife/GF (or both:cool:) how to shoot/drills and keeps their hands off your Go-To.