PDA

View Full Version : Mid Length?

Jon G23
09-08-06, 16:51
A colt le6920 is not mid length, right?

If that's true... and I wanted a mid-length 16" M4... what are my options? Would a Colt le6920 still be the best to get the "good lower" and then buy some mid length upper or what would YOU do if you wanted a mid length Md?

LOKNLOD
09-08-06, 17:45
I'd get a BCM Midlength upper from Bravo Company (G&R and Denny's carry them also). I don't know if they'll be back in stock soon but they're worth the wait. Get an M16 carrier with a proper MPI bolt. Make sure it's gas carrier key is staked right.

For a complete lower, I would get one of the fully assembled LMT or Stag lowers. The Stags have the quality CMT M4 stock w/ in-spec sized buffer tube, I believe, and the LMTs can be had with an upgraded grip and SOPMOD/Crane type stock if you want.

That's how I'd go about getting an all-new midlength. You could always add the BCM upper to a proven lower you already own and trust, too.

C4IGrant
09-08-06, 18:18
A colt le6920 is not mid length, right?

If that's true... and I wanted a mid-length 16" M4... what are my options? Would a Colt le6920 still be the best to get the "good lower" and then buy some mid length upper or what would YOU do if you wanted a mid length Md?

No one makes a Mid-length gas system in the M4 profile. You are better of getting a Govt Profile BCM with a Middy gas sytem.

C4

www.GRTactical.com

Hoplophile
09-08-06, 22:42
No one makes a Mid-length gas system in the M4 profile. You are better of getting a Govt Profile BCM with a Middy gas sytem.

Speaking of which, the two stripped barrels I bought from you came back yesterday from ar15barrels.com with the FSBs installed and they look great. Pics to come this weekend when I finish building them.

Now when will you have more available?