PDA

View Full Version : VZ 58 Failed...

m4brian
11-09-13, 17:54
because of my cheap Tula ammo. Took my VZ 58 with a newly acquired Troy/NEA handguard combo to the range today to try out the new setup for heat. etc. On the third mag, it malfunctioned for my son. I cleared and loaded a round. Round didn't go it - ooops. Turns out it must have had an uncharged or undercharged case, and the round is lodged in the chamber. I suppose I will now have to take off the stock and punch it out with a dowel - I suppose a .25" will do. Bad Tula ammo.:(:(

I still think the 58 stings my cheek a tad even with the folding military stock - not as much as the fixed though.

sua175
11-10-13, 09:47
Your thread should be TULA ammo fail not vz 58 fail. I have one of the Czech point vz 58 and those suckers run. I have had same issue with a wolf squib 762x 39 out of a Yugo m70 I used to have. I guess these are the risk you run when shooting cheap eastern block ammo, too bad it's the only affordable ammo in town for a the ak type rifles.

Spooky130
11-10-13, 19:05
What's the story on the Czechpoint guns versus the ones Century is selling?

m4brian
11-11-13, 14:22
Yes - I am guilty of a hyperbolic subject line. BTW - what saved the bell was the next round would NOT go in because the bullet blocked it. Good lesson on 'if the recoil pulses feels goofy, stop'. My son actually did say something and stopped. Good lesson. Anyone SHOOT a squib out of an AK?

Yes, the VZ 58 fro Czechpoint is a very high quality weapon. I really like the bolt hold open and the way the mags go in smooth and tight.

sua175
11-11-13, 16:02
century fake vz 58's are kit guns that use cheap ass American made barrels were the czechpoint guns are imported directly from CZ and are made essentially like military VZ 58's

if you buy a vz 58 buy a Czechpoint!

sparkman
11-13-13, 18:33
century fake vz 58's are kit guns that use cheap ass American made barrels were the czechpoint guns are imported directly from CZ and are made essentially like military VZ 58's

if you buy a vz 58 buy a Czechpoint!

This....

Czechpoints are the real deal, mine runs like a raped ape....
Tula sucks monkey ballz....

Spooky130
11-13-13, 19:35
That's about what I thought regarding anything Century "builds"...