PDA

View Full Version : new 6920

newguy
11-11-13, 01:06
Christmas is right around the corner and Idecided thatI am going to get me a new 6920.

Walmart also has the 6940\.butI was thinking of a rifle length free float later.So Idont think that would be a good choice now that Ive thought about.

what I really want to know is from people who actually have a 6920 ? Probably with a variable power scope with match ammo what are some of the best say 5 shot groups you've made with the 6920 and pistures are like a 1000 words they say.

But if you really do have targets I would love to see them.

Ihave a bushnell elite I was going to put on temp.Just to see how it grouped with a high power scope on it.

But my plans are for an ACOG

Thanks for all your help.

matemike
11-11-13, 05:44
Merry Christmas to you!

A 6920 it SHOULD be... And don't look back.

Inkslinger
11-11-13, 06:16
I think this thread speaks for itself.

https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?138239-6920-SOCOM-at-1-000Yards

tog
11-11-13, 09:53
I have a 6920 with magpul back up sight and Roger's Super Stoc. I was going to put on an optic asap but decided to take the advice of many here and learn the Magpul sight first. I'm glad I did. I am getting some great groups at 50 yards and am ready to move beyond the 50. Just take your time and learn to shoot with those backup sights and continue reading and searching on the forum for more great info. Good choice on the rifle!

Wolfhound86
11-13-13, 23:16
Wish I would of looked at 6920 socom before buying my Noveske. It is pretty much exactly the same as what I was issued when I was an 11B minus BURST of course.

1 2 many
11-13-13, 23:19
I am kinda was disappointed when mine arrived. ..I was hoping it was a sp6920. With the rogers stock and carry handle..I guess they did away with them oh well. Its still a colt.

uffdaphil
11-14-13, 07:44
I think we are assuming this is OP's first AR. In which case a 6920 seems the perfect choice to me. I first got the previous model with carry handle and left it stock. Then a cherry old SP01. And lastly, the newest flat top. Favorite? The SP because it brings back Viet memories and feels so comfortable to shoot.

Groups? I consider all the 16" carbines in the Colt quality range similarly capable. But that could be attributed to my old eyes. The 6920 is my general purpose workhorse. If precision is most important, a purpose built SPR clone would better fill the need.

filthy phil
11-14-13, 07:59
I am kinda was disappointed when mine arrived. ..I was hoping it was a sp6920. With the rogers stock and carry handle..I guess they did away with them oh well. Its still a colt.

You can get a rogers pretty cheap.
I might consider selling mine to fund a b5...
(i just had to get 2x 6920) :)

http://i.imgur.com/KamyzDN.jpg

Doug in Alaska
11-14-13, 22:14
My wife bought a 6920 SOCOM for me as a birthday gift in June. I love this rifle and used it a couple months ago in a three day tactical carbine class. I mounted a T1 on it with Larue QD mount, a forward vertical grip and changed the charging handle to a BCM. This is my favorite rifle. It has the KAC rails. JMHO

TehLlama
11-15-13, 02:33

No reason to be disappointed - the B5, IMOD, and STR stocks are amazing for the price, to me even the MOE is an upgrade.