PDA

View Full Version : Anyone know a good, trustworthy, electrician in Fort Collins CO?

kerplode
11-11-13, 17:59
I'm looking to have a small subpanel wired in to the basement in my new place. The single 15A ckt that's present down there now services a sump pump, water heater blower, radon mitigation fan, a chest freezer, 6 light fixtures, and a couple random things plugged into outlets...Pretty close to the limit, I suspect, so I'd like to separate out the loads and add some more outlets.

Anyway, I'm hesitant to just pick up the phone book and find an electrician...I want the job done right, obviously, but I also don't want to have to worry about the guy seeing my safe and other stuff down there and be thinking he should come back later when no one is home.

So, if you know a good electrician in the area that you trust, I'd appreciate the info!

THCDDM4
11-11-13, 19:52
I'm looking to have a small subpanel wired in to the basement in my new place. The single 15A ckt that's present down there now services a sump pump, water heater blower, radon mitigation fan, a chest freezer, 6 light fixtures, and a couple random things plugged into outlets...Pretty close to the limit, I suspect, so I'd like to separate out the loads and add some more outlets.

Anyway, I'm hesitant to just pick up the phone book and find an electrician...I want the job done right, obviously, but I also don't want to have to worry about the guy seeing my safe and other stuff down there and be thinking he should come back later when no one is home.

So, if you know a good electrician in the area that you trust, I'd appreciate the info!

Not Fort Collins specific, he's in Denver- but a great trustworthy electrician/guy. Ask for Tim Williams (Owner).

Williams and sons Electric. 303.762.9484.

kerplode
11-12-13, 13:37
Thanks! I'll give Tim a call and see if he would be willing to come up to Fort Collins...

kerplode
02-10-14, 19:46
Useless update:

None of the electricians I contacted bothered to call me back, so I ended up doing the entire job myself. I learned a lot, it all got done to my standards, there were no deficiencies found during the inspection, and I probably saved about $1k in labor. So it's all good. :dirol:

Thirdeye
07-11-14, 15:25
Good for you. I just installed a 100A sub panel in my garage. Did all the installation myself except had an electrician come and do the final connections of the aluminum service cable to the panel terminals. Could have done it myself but turns out there were some nuances associated with connecting aluminum leads that I would have missed due to lack of experience. In particular the connection needs to be torqued and stressed repeatedly to help the aluminum "flow" into place so that it doesn't work loose over time. Only cost me $75 for his time.