PDA

View Full Version : Doomsday Preppers......WTF?

docsherm
11-12-13, 21:40
Did anyone see tonights episode? What was with the fat f#$% thinking he was hoping to build his own body armor and become a looter? Great plan......except he would most likely get stuck in a window frame leaving a house. ;)

He is also plannimg on doing a C section on his wife from what he read online and saw in books.....on a scale of 1 to 10 that is a 100,000 on the retard meter.:stop:

Airhasz
11-12-13, 22:00
Glad you enjoyed it so much..;) I have it on tape, I'll have to check it out.

RyanB
11-12-13, 22:12
Next time I'm in Tacoma I'd like to meet him.

Javelin
11-12-13, 23:48
I missed this one. Need to hit up my dvr

Javelin
11-12-13, 23:51
Dvr didn't record it.

RyanB
11-13-13, 00:08
Local news story about him. (http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/11/08/2880656/national-geographics-doomsday.html)

Dead Man
11-13-13, 00:59
Local news story about him. (http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/11/08/2880656/national-geographics-doomsday.html)

So he announces to all that he's going to rob from others to provide for his own, but also informs us he has massive stockpiles of what we might need at his house. Tyler Smith, Tacoma WA.... shouldn't be too hard to find that address

Seagunner
11-13-13, 01:48
http://washingtonstatemilitia.ning.com/profile/TylerSmith Is this him?

RyanB
11-13-13, 02:30
That's him. He also got TKO'd 37 seconds into an MMA fight.

Double3
11-13-13, 05:27
I've never seen the show before but for whatever reason I watched it last night.

He certainly has a few screws loose.

Grand58742
11-13-13, 07:48
I've never seen the show before but for whatever reason I watched it last night.

He certainly has a few screws loose.

Normal people don't make good television.

docsherm
11-13-13, 08:38
The other guy in Costa Rica was liget......Good plan. Stupid should hurt :rolleyes:

Airhasz
11-13-13, 09:14
Normal people don't make good television.

Poor guy has no clue that is the draw to him. He is going to seriously hurt himself or someone else. I fear for his children being ridiculed in public school, it is going to be very hard for them when classmates realize who their father is.

Caduceus
11-13-13, 09:37
someone up in Tacoma call CPS - no ear pro for the kids? Seriously?

Javadrinker
11-13-13, 10:22
That gut in Costa Rica had it really going on, solar, rainwater harvesting, aquaponics, good plan, working with neighbors.
Now that guy in Tacoma, WA, I can give him an A for trying to build body armor, but and F everywhere else. I can see where researching how to do a C-section and what would be needed, but to even attempt that without ever actually getting any kind of training, well my dumbass meter went off the scale. Add to that making the braodcast that "we will be visiting you soon, so keep buying weapons, ammo, food, and prepping stuff", like those preppers will not put up a fight? I can guarantee that if I see that someone is wearing armor, that head is going to be shot.

Apricotshot
11-13-13, 10:45
That gut in Costa Rica had it really going on, solar, rainwater harvesting, aquaponics, good plan, working with neighbors.
Now that guy in Tacoma, WA, I can give him an A for trying to build body armor, but and F everywhere else. I can see where researching how to do a C-section and what would be needed, but to even attempt that without ever actually getting any kind of training, well my dumbass meter went off the scale. Add to that making the braodcast that "we will be visiting you soon, so keep buying weapons, ammo, food, and prepping stuff", like those preppers will not put up a fight? I can guarantee that if I see that someone is wearing armor, that head is going to be shot.

Or just push him over a la turtle style.

jwreck
11-13-13, 11:19
Apparently people actually pay him money?

from the article:"For Smith, survivalism isn’t just a hobby or a philosophy. He makes his living from being a survivalism consultant.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/11/08/2880656/national-geographics-doomsday.html#storylink=cpy"

Wow. Just...wow.

3ACR_Scout
11-13-13, 12:01
I haven't seen the episode, but I heard from a friend who watched it regularly that the two military guys in Georgia that built a compound out in the woods seemed to be the most legitimately prepared of any episode so far. Apparently they built a small lake, stocked it with fish, converted two SUVs to wood burning, set up OPs around the property, and drilled with their families about once a month over a long weekend.

On a separate note, I keep wondering about one aspect of this show, so I guess I'll ask here. I've seen a couple episodes where the preppers built things that would seem to be clearly illegal / dangerous explosive devices, like IEDs to protect their property. Anyone know if the show gets persmission in advance to have people demonstrate these ideas? It seems like some episodes would just be asking for the BATF to come knocking to see what's going on in that cabin out in the woods.

Anyway, I take the whole thing with a huge grain of salt when I occasionally watch it for entertainment, but every once in a while, an interesting TTP comes up.

Dave

B Cart
11-13-13, 12:11
That guy isn't going to be looting anything for very long. I'd be willing to bet that the stupid asshat is going to find himself dead in a pile of ghetto body armor and fat, in the driveway of the first house he tries to loot. It's dumbasses like him that make gun owners and "preppers" look like nut jobs.

At any rate, the episode was hilariously entertaining because of how stupid he was. I particularly liked the comments about how "if his vest can withstand a shot by a 12 gauge (with birdshot), it can withstand anything" lol. I also liked how he refers to himself as the "Apex Predator". The only thing he is the apex predator of, is the food line at the Golden Corral.

Entertaining episode though, and I liked the family in Costa Rica.

WickedWillis
11-13-13, 12:29
Did anyone see tonights episode? What was with the fat f#$% thinking he was hoping to build his own body armor and become a looter? Great plan......except he would most likely get stuck in a window frame leaving a house. ;)

He is also plannimg on doing a C section on his wife from what he read online and saw in books.....on a scale of 1 to 10 that is a 100,000 on the retard meter.:stop:

HAHAHA! I posted a post on Facebook about this last night. I found myself laughing at everything that guy said through his snaggle-teeth. Then he put his armor on and that was truly the cherry on top of the shit pile. I found myself thinking of every soft area you could put a bullet that would put that guy down if he came at you in that armor. And there were several.

Double3
11-13-13, 12:55
I was hoping he would die when his buddy "shot" him with the 12ga.

Shot in quotations cause it was a graze of the armor.

Pi3
11-13-13, 13:02
Isn't being on good shape physically the foundation of preparation? As noted above, he became entertainment & the worst sort of stereotype.
http://survivalist.com/practical-advice-for-the-out-of-shape-prepper/
http://suburbansurvivalblog.com/physical-fitness-and-the-survivalist

docsherm
11-13-13, 13:06
Isn't being on good shape physically the foundation of preparation? As noted above, he became entertainment & the worst sort of stereotype.
http://survivalist.com/practical-advice-for-the-out-of-shape-prepper/
http://suburbansurvivalblog.com/physical-fitness-and-the-survivalist

So true...the only place he will run to is the doughnut shop....:cool:

usmcvet
11-13-13, 13:13
Dvr didn't record it.

It sounds like you have an intelligent DVR, it saved you some time =)

So he announces to all that he's going to rob from others to provide for his own, but also informs us he has massive stockpiles of what we might need at his house. Tyler Smith, Tacoma WA.... shouldn't be too hard to find that address

Sounds like a fool.

But he saw a C Section on the walking dead, it half worked, the baby made it!

jmnielsen
11-13-13, 13:18

I was going to post up about that guy. Such an idiot it was comical! That fat ass thinks he's going to run around and loot places and rob people? His ass would be shot dead before he knew what was going on. I lost it when he said he would be THE "apex predator" in his area.

misanthropist
11-13-13, 16:02
My immediate thought on that guy (especially since I am in his area pretty often) was that if some sort of major disaster hits while I'm close by, I'm definitely interested in taking the opportunity to revise his perspective on exactly what constitutes an "apex predator".

Looking at him and his family...kind of thinking that there will be some tender, well-marbled cuts of meat available there.

lunchbox
11-13-13, 16:23
Man I swear they try and lace the complete idiots in with the good ones, on that show. That guy had me cringing and laughing my ass off at the same time. Darwin, Darwin-We have a winner.

blade_68
11-13-13, 16:41
Apex Prey.
1. Was stupid enough to be tv.
2. Stated that "he" was coming for everyone stuff.
3. 80+ pounds for body armor
4. I'm sure the local LEO's are keeping a eye on them.

If I lived near them I'd be keeping track of them. I'm glad I don't watch that crap..

misanthropist
11-13-13, 19:25
Just going to go ahead and post this here.

Yeah, same guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg0eWyODMoo#t=48

Now featuring AWESOME HAND TO HAND SKILLZ!!!

2002zo6
11-13-13, 20:39
He did not seem to bright, though he did seem to have quite an imagination.

654Boomer
11-13-13, 22:22
Apparently people actually pay him money?

from the article:"For Smith, survivalism isn’t just a hobby or a philosophy. He makes his living from being a survivalism consultant.

Read more here: http://www.thenewstribune.com/2013/11/08/2880656/national-geographics-doomsday.html#storylink=cpy"

Wow. Just...wow.

I do not routinely watch this show . . . but five seconds of viewing the show trailer . . . I had to grab some popcorn! I could barely contain myself and about pissed my pants several times watching that clown . . . and to now see that he is a self-proclaimed 'survivalism consultant'. :confused:

I predict that Air Force drones will be flying over 'his camp' soon, if not already, and a Hellfire missile is going to scorch he and his body armor off the face of the Earth.

"Hey honey . . . hold my beer . . . let's go practice that Caesarean Section out in the barn. I've been reading how its done--looks pretty simple. I even manufactured some Chloroform for you and have some plastic for you to lie down on." :cool:

NWPilgrim
11-13-13, 23:50
Looks like 350 lbs of long pork on the hoof, complete with 100# steel junk weight to immobilize him for easy head shot. Yum!

One day he will meet an apex predator and he'll fill his drawers. I agree with the poster a few above, I bet his neighbors have already divvied up what they get of his stockpile after taking him out on H-Hour+1 minute. Then sit around and wait for paying members of Spartan Survival to drive up to his house and take their crap too. And that's just the neighbors in Buckley. Won't be much left for when the real predators come prowling, but his neighbors will be well provisioned.

Moose-Knuckle
11-14-13, 01:53
How many seasons of DDP does NatGeo have now, I swear they put on a new season ever couple of months?! I can't help but to think that the media is using these tards to project a certain image of gun owners and self preservation minded people.

After seeing Tim Ralston, the guy who invented the Crovel (rolleyes) shoot his own damn thumb off on the show I really can't watch it anymore.

You just can't make this kind of shit up . . .

"The damn thing just ahh misfired on it." "It was one of those malfunctions where my thumb went in front of the barrel and it went off."
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qth1k962_9A

WickedWillis
11-14-13, 15:58
Just going to go ahead and post this here.

Yeah, same guy.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bg0eWyODMoo#t=48

Now featuring AWESOME HAND TO HAND SKILLZ!!!

That was amazing.

williejc
11-16-13, 13:16
About the C-section, did anyone notice that he was going to use chloroform that he made from bleach?

Has he figured out that he'll be shot on sight when the time comes? Or maybe before.

misanthropist
11-16-13, 13:23
Maybe by his wife who doesn't want to have bleachoformed home surgery.

EC72
11-16-13, 18:24
It is a silly show, somewhat entertaining. I have found that a little info sec goes a long way.

lunchbox
11-16-13, 23:22
Heres the Prepper Test from Nat-Geo, if yall want to try it (I never have) http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/channel/doomsday-preppers/interactives/how-prepped-are-you1/
I do think that the show does kinda setup guests for fall (some make it easier than others). The scoring system is inconsistent and at the end the narrator, list off reasons why they believe scenario could never happen (even if logical), making prepper look like gun totin crack-pot. Ya I watch the show, its still better than most the other crap on tv.

walkin' trails
11-18-13, 05:48
I caught the re-run yesterday. Sounds like a candidate in the running for a Darwin award.

krisjon
11-18-13, 21:52
Wow, just wow. That Big Mac-packing idiot is why we need chlorine in the gene pool.

gun71530
11-18-13, 22:10
Wow, just wow. That Big Mac-packing idiot is why we need chlorine in the gene pool.

I'm sure he's only a few years away from a heart attack.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

223to45
11-19-13, 14:52
Since this guy is in the Tacoma/Buckley area. You know what else is there? JBLM= Joint Base Lewis McChord , he has tons of military guys in his AO. He won't last long. He may never even make it out of the house :lol:

WillC
11-20-13, 15:33
I don't catch many episodes anymore, but after all the comments about this guy I had to see it.

After watching it, I cannot believe anything other than this guy was a plant by some shady Liberal organization.

WickedWillis
11-20-13, 15:50
I don't catch many episodes anymore, but after all the comments about this guy I had to see it.

After watching it, I cannot believe anything other than this guy was a plant by some shady Liberal organization.

Most likely NAMBLA

docsherm
11-20-13, 17:28
Most likely NAMBLA

:laugh: Very funny...I almost shot coffee out my nose.......

Javadrinker
11-20-13, 22:16
Most likely NAMBLA

I thought he was Uncle Joe "all you need is a shotgun" Biden's cousin

robfromsc
11-21-13, 21:04
While that guy is a total loon, don't think for 2sec that there aren't guys planning on liberating your supplies.

ptmccain
11-21-13, 21:35
The thing I can never understand is why anyone in their *right* mind would go on the show and basically telegraph to the world, "Hey, I've got supplies! Come and get 'em ya'll."

Airhasz
11-22-13, 02:27
The thing I can never understand is why anyone in their *right* mind would go on the show and basically telegraph to the world, "Hey, I've got supplies! Come and get 'em ya'll."

Something about being on tv makes a lot of people STUPID.

Moose-Knuckle
11-22-13, 15:46

The vast majority of people are completely ****ing stupid. The "prepper/gun community" is not immune from this phenomenon, in fact it attracts them. These window lickers do not possess the faintest notion of OPSEC. Then there is the issue of people wanting to brag, and or show off what they have and or do. “Have everybody look at me”. Maybe they were not hugged enough as a child, or in some cases maybe they were “hugged” too much.

shutup&shoot
11-22-13, 18:37
We were watching it last night and my eight year old asked if the man was special. I knew what he meant and just laughed and said maybe.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

Pi3
11-22-13, 19:09
There appears to be several psychological issues manifesting: delusions of grandeur, paranoia, hoarding, etc. I am amazed at how totally clueless some people can be. I am also troubled that the tv producers would put this guy on their show. Do they go looking for the nuttiest fruitcakes they can find?

The M
11-22-13, 19:24
...Do they go looking for the nuttiest fruitcakes they can find?

Yes, because normal people are boring. Nut cases are always better entertainment.

Moose-Knuckle
11-22-13, 19:59
There appears to be several psychological issues manifesting: delusions of grandeur, paranoia, hoarding, etc. I am amazed at how totally clueless some people can be. I am also troubled that the tv producers would put this guy on their show. Do they go looking for the nuttiest fruitcakes they can find?

After the first season, the girl who was going to walk from Houston to Mexico after Peak Oil started talking about the show on a prepper blog. She said that she really was prepping for hurricanes, which have devasted the greater Houston area before. She said that the producers told her that, that was not "spicey" enough and told her what to say about Peak Oil. She went on to say the producers offered $5K to shoot and kill one of her cats so they could film it. She turned them down. A lot of it is scripted and yes they find the nuts on top of that.

Pi3
11-22-13, 20:02
So, is there any way to tell what is scripted & what is genuine looney tunes? Do you thing chunky boy was scripted?

Airhasz
11-22-13, 20:43
After the first season, the girl who was going to walk from Houston to Mexico after Peak Oil started talking about the show on a prepper blog. She said that she really was prepping for hurricanes, which have devasted the greater Houston area before. She said that the producers told her that, that was not "spicey" enough and told her what to say about Peak Oil. She went on to say the producers offered $5K to shoot and kill one of her cats so they could film it. She turned them down. A lot of it is scripted and yes they find the nuts on top of that.

Stop, your ruining it for me and a lot of others who believe everything we see and hear..

Moose-Knuckle
11-22-13, 21:14
So, is there any way to tell what is scripted & what is genuine looney tunes? Do you thing chunky boy was scripted?

Not every word is scripted. All these people are into the lifestyle and audition for the show. The show producers just "help them along" some of the time.

jwreck
11-22-13, 21:17
After the first season, the girl who was going to walk from Houston to Mexico after Peak Oil started talking about the show on a prepper blog. She said that she really was prepping for hurricanes, which have devasted the greater Houston area before. She said that the producers told her that, that was not "spicey" enough and told her what to say about Peak Oil. She went on to say the producers offered $5K to shoot and kill one of her cats so they could film it. She turned them down. A lot of it is scripted and yes they find the nuts on top of that.Before the fat guy in WA she was my favorite before. She supposedly trained so hard, but they never showed her doing a full rep of anything. Then when it came time to walk out, well that was just pathetic.

NWPilgrim
11-22-13, 22:44
Man, for $5K I would have shot her cat!

Nah, but one of the writers for sure.

murphman
11-28-13, 09:35
After a while it was hard to even laugh anymore at this guy making his body armor that "people have spent tons of money and time researching and he is able to make the same thing for less in his garage", lmao. After a while it just came apparent something is not right in his head.

misanthropist
11-28-13, 15:31
Yeah at this point it just feels like beating up a kid with Down Syndrome.

thepatriot2705
12-18-13, 20:24
Don't know why people feel compelled to let others know they are preppers. Just making themselves targets.

docsherm
12-19-13, 07:47
Most of them on that show have a business and are trying to get free advertisement. If you google their names you will find that they gave a "prepper" type store. It is all about money.

I did like the old guy from Texas this week.....can't have too many crew-served around......;)

Ranger86
12-19-13, 08:51
My question is how did that guy with the curly mustache get c4. He assembled and detonated a claymore. There is no permit for that right?

From my mobile phone

docsherm
12-19-13, 09:31
Look him up. He owns a special effects company. He does all of that stuff for movies. You can get all of that stuff with the correct paperwork and money.....:D

jwreck
12-19-13, 09:52
You can get all of that stuff with the correct paperwork and money.....:DYep. It always makes me chuckle knowing this and then listen to someone have their panties in a knot over an "assault weapon".

SteveS
12-19-13, 23:39
The major problem is the watching of TV program with any belief in the first place.

bzdog
01-15-14, 23:38
oops!

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattle911/2014/01/15/bonney-lake-man-featured-on-national-tv-with-his-guns-arrested-for-owning-guns/

gun71530
01-15-14, 23:48
oops!

http://blog.seattlepi.com/seattle911/2014/01/15/bonney-lake-man-featured-on-national-tv-with-his-guns-arrested-for-owning-guns/

The guy is a felon and registered sex offender. Apparently the producers don't vet these idiots.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Tapatalk 2

ZGXtreme
01-15-14, 23:50
oops!

Haha. Awesome.

misanthropist
01-16-14, 00:52
He fell victim to one of the classic blunders.

The first rule of gun-owning registered sex felon club is: do not talk about gun-owning registered sex felon club.

_Stormin_
01-16-14, 01:07
Natural selection at work... The "apex predator" turns out to be a sexual predator instead. Glad to hear he will be heading back to prison.

Sent using Tapatalk

LMT Shooter
01-16-14, 04:27
Color me shocked, NOT!!

coastwatcher42
01-16-14, 09:57
oops!

I wonder if he plans on preying on his fellow inmates in prison. For some reason, I believe it will be the other way around.

misanthropist
01-16-14, 10:05
Apex predator like him? Probably just eat his cellmate instead of wasting time walking to the cafeteria.

WickedWillis
01-16-14, 10:35
Apex predator like him? Probably just eat his cellmate instead of wasting time walking to the cafeteria.

Wow that made my morning, thank you for that lol.

ScottsBad
01-16-14, 10:59
I watch the show to see what not to do. The guy in Washington just made me cringe, and like many who posted here over the weeks I thought that if I ever encountered him trying to break in my door I might just test his "armor" with some M855. Just to see if his armor works. Hehe. What a dope.

And now he's going to jail.

One of the things about the show is that there are nuggets like the people who moved to Costa Rica. I didn't get whether or not they were able to keep their weapons. They intended to take them and had applied for permission. I wouldn't mind having a place in another country to go to. The problem is the firearms laws, if you cannot keep them then you are in a tenuous position should it hit the fan there as well. Sorry I digress.

68W
01-16-14, 13:47
I haven't ever watched any of the show till a minute ago. I followed the link about the dude's arrest and it had a youtube of the episode being discussed. I couldn't take more than 5 minutes of it, that guy is a special kind of stupid. I couldn't even finish his rehearsal and teaching of his cousin about the c-section. Wow. I hurt inside for his children.

Moose-Knuckle
01-16-14, 16:37
As I have said all along, I feel that network TV executives put on shows such as this to show gun owners in a negative light and those who are self-preservation minded as extremists and buffoons.

docsherm
01-16-14, 17:43
oops!

This is my surprised face.....:sarcastic:

68W
01-16-14, 18:25
As I have said all along, I feel that network TV executives put on shows such as this to show gun owners in a negative light and those who are self-preservation minded as extremists and buffoons.

From the intro shots of the show I agree 100%. Nothing but people lined up holding guns looking "tough". I think their not so subliminal message is clear. Again, that guy's poor children.

Sent from my ADR6350 using Tapatalk 2

misanthropist
01-16-14, 19:07
Again, that guy's poor children.

Well, they're a mix of his genes and the genes of a woman who thought it was a good idea to bear his children.

Maybe don't feel TOO sorry.

Dmaynor
01-16-14, 20:01
The apex predator show was the one that lost me. You could tell something was wrong with him. Who is the loot and steal button as a bug out plan?

jwreck
01-16-14, 20:07
oops!

Bwahahahahaha!!! Dumbass.

arbninftry
01-16-14, 21:44
You can't Fix Stupid!!

And that douche was stupid! He will have to get used to that APEX position in prison!!

68W
01-17-14, 19:03
Well, they're a mix of his genes and the genes of a woman who thought it was a good idea to bear his children.

Maybe don't feel TOO sorry.
I get that you are being a little sarcastic but we don't get to choose our genetics. Children aren't at fault for the stupidity of their parents, every kid deserves better than that.

Airhasz
01-17-14, 22:20
I feel bad for his cell mate.

coastwatcher42
01-18-14, 00:31
I feel bad for his cell mate.

His cell mate will probably make the apex predator squeal like a pig a la Ned Beatty.

docsherm
01-18-14, 10:40
That or he will just eat him......:)