PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint micro t-1 ???

apd268
05-06-08, 17:08
Got an Aimpoint micro T-1 on the way. Did I do the right thing versus getting a compM3 or eotech, that is the question? :D

Jay Cunningham
05-06-08, 17:32
Got an Aimpoint micro T-1 on the way. Did I do the right thing versus getting a compM3 or eotech, that is the question? :D

The T-1 is an outstanding optic - but we would need more B/G info on what platform it was deployed on etc.

C4IGrant
05-06-08, 19:10
Good choice.

C4

Victor
05-06-08, 21:05

Spot on, you made a VERY wise choice!!

apd268
05-06-08, 22:03
Planning on first putting it on an M1A socom in Troy Ind. stock. If that dont work lots of AR platforms to put it on. I am looking forward to puttin it on the Troy as far back to the rear as I can. I think it will be well suited. I may need a taller mount, will just have to wait and see.

Jay Cunningham
05-06-08, 22:17
Planning on first putting it on an M1A socom in Troy Ind. stock. If that dont work lots of AR platforms to put it on. I am looking forward to puttin it on the Troy as far back to the rear as I can. I think it will be well suited. I may need a taller mount, will just have to wait and see.

You may want to consider skipping the Troy and simply replacing the factory "rail" (p.o.s.) with an UltiMAK rail. The Micro would be a killer in this combo.

FJB
05-07-08, 04:11
The Ultimak rail "M1A Scout Mount" is a good choice and allows you to cowitness the Micro T-1 (using its OEM mount) with your iron sights. You should really like this set up.

S/F

apd268
05-07-08, 09:24
I have considered that, but I am trying to go to a collapsible stock, and the troy is the platform that i have decided to try, so i will give that a go

CarlosDJackal
05-07-08, 10:22
If I could afford it, I'd replace my two CompM2 and my one CompM3 with T-1s!! It's probably the best optic Aimpoint ever came out with to date, IMHO.

FJB
05-07-08, 12:27
Watch Part 3 of "Aimpoint: The Red Dot Solution" at www.downrange.tv/show2 to learn more about the Micro T-1.

S/F

PushPull
05-07-08, 15:50
Great Micro application:

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=vid249&cat=4&page=1&search=&since=&status

dzhitshard
05-07-08, 16:46
Why yes it is.
No more rear heavy, Eotech mounted feed tray covers.
Now about that mount. . .:)

Matt Edwards
05-07-08, 16:58
For me, the T-1 is the answer. I was able to T&E one in a recent EAG class and had no experience before then with it. The carbine handles like it has iron sights but is pure Aimpoint when you actually shoot it. The ONLY down side I see so far is that you will feel like you are handling an "old school, grampa gun" when you use a carbine with other sights.;)
If you haven't done so already, check out Freddie throwing sights around at the above mentioned site. If you aren't already and "Aimpoint type of guy" it is somewhat eye opening.

DZ, I have one of those also.

dzhitshard
05-07-08, 17:03
Not the type I'm talking about killer.;)

Always busting my chops. FWIW I got that situation handled too.

Don't you have a mirror to hold for someone. ROFL:D

Victor
05-07-08, 20:18
Great Micro application:

http://noveskerifleworks.com/cgi-bin/imcart/display.cgi?item_id=vid249&cat=4&page=1&search=&since=&status

What's REAL impressive is when John is proned out watching the brass chew up the grass! :D

Jay Cunningham
05-07-08, 20:20
Great Micro application:

FJB pretty much led the charge to develop that M249 mount.

Matt Edwards
05-07-08, 20:50
Gee crazy, I though you were talking about mounting a Eo on a M249.(like all the ones we have)

Sorry if I missunderstood.

apd268
05-14-08, 22:13
Got the T-1 in today and all I can say it wow. I really like it, cant wait to get out and shoot with it. I really like it and the dot does not seem to be 4MOA at all more like other 2moa that I have had. Seems super solid not fragile at all. I can say for what its worth that I hem hawed around for a long time before laying down the cash for an aimpoint, and should have done it sooner.

Harv
05-15-08, 19:51
I ran one of Pat's T-1's this week in his class.... It's my next optic. Does everything the M3's and M4's do in a smaller package.

In my book, it is THE Aimpoint to have.......you made the correct choice....

Hootiewho
05-15-08, 20:12
At the risk of hijacking this thread; if given the option and the cash, would you guys buy 1 S&B Short Dot or 3 T-1's if you had the rifles to put the 3 on?

apd268
05-16-08, 09:28
I personally would go for the T-1 in lieu of the short dot

The Archangel
05-16-08, 11:31
I personally would go for the T-1 in lieu of the short dot

+1

I would be too worried about a $2200+ optic on a weapon to use it like it should be used. Granted a $640 optic (with LT mount) isn't cheap, but I would only cry for a little bit if I fubar'ed it up in hard training (which is unlikely) compared to screwing up, or losing a S&B... in which I would go into a mild depression.

kjo
05-23-08, 12:52
depends on how fast you want to find your target-- the short dot is more fussy about eye relief. especially noticeable from unusual shooting positions (eg roll over prone).

i sold mine and have gone all aimpoints.

kjo

Nathan_Bell
05-23-08, 17:09
+1

I would be too worried about a $2200+ optic on a weapon to use it like it should be used. Granted a $640 optic (with LT mount) isn't cheap, but I would only cry for a little bit if I fubar'ed it up in hard training (which is unlikely) compared to screwing up, or losing a S&B... in which I would go into a mild depression.

wow, if I broke my ShortDot I think it would be more than a mild depression :eek:

On topic. In reality, the Micro Aimpoints are really impressive pieces of engineering.

HolyRoller
05-24-08, 08:52

Over at snipershide is a photo sequence of an S&B fan having a little fun with his $3,300 PMII scope. Some of the stunts I can recall are: soaking it in water for a while; tying it to his truck bumper and dragging it down the driveway; dropping it from various heights; and so on. At the end, all it has is a few more scratches. The working parts are undamaged.

One of the reasons S&B scopes are so expensive is that they're built like tanks. A Short Dot is as indestructible as any optic out there. If you put it on a LaRue SPR or SPR-E, you can dismount your Short Dot, beat your enemy unconscious with it, and remount without losing zero. The Marines tested all kinds of scopes before settling on a day optic, and according to LAV, the S&B won in a landslide, not least because it was utterly waterproof. For some reason, that is important to the Marines. NOW will you buy a Short Dot? :)

That said, the Army's M24s are getting along fine with Leupolds, the Mark 4 3.5-10x40mm that is, and I just bought one with an illuminated reticle and already in a LaRue mount for literally one-quarter of the retail price of a comparable S&B. The price difference will pay for a whole lot of useful items, such as more ammo and training and a Geissele trigger. As to the original question, I'd definitely take three Aimpoint T-1s for three rifles rather than one Short Dot and two iron sights.

M4Guru
05-24-08, 08:55
My Short Dot got blown out of a truck, landed about 100 feet away, and immediately had it's zero confirmed on some bad guys. It worked fine, and still does.

CarlosDJackal
05-24-08, 20:34
At the risk of hijacking this thread; if given the option and the cash, would you guys buy 1 S&B Short Dot or 3 T-1's if you had the rifles to put the 3 on?

3 T-1s for me!! :D

ADDED: I ran the El Predisente Drill with friend and his son just yesterday. He had the S&B Short Dot on his SIG 556 and I had the T-1 on my LWRC SBR. We both posted our best times using the T-1. I'm considering selling off my CompM2s and CompM3s to buy a couple of T-1s or H-1s.

Sabre675
05-27-08, 02:33
Good choice. I've replaced my Comp M2 on my SBR in favor of the T1 Micro and I am very glad I did. Thinking of getting another if my Comp M2 sells.

Freddie B,

Quick question. I use my T1 on my work SBR. When I begin my shift I have been turning the Optic onto setting 8 and leaving it for the entire 8 hour shift. At the end of my shift I have been turning it back off. I do this 5 days a week x 365, you get my point. My question is do you think the repetitions on the intensity knob will wear it out?

Thanks,

Kevin

VooDoo6Actual
05-27-08, 11:21
Kevin,

IMO,

If thoses are the actual facts and your actual situation, I would leave it on and replace batteries as needed.

Yes, CONSTANT use of the dot's rheostat will wear it out...

It's a mechanical device and as such mechaniocal devices wear out...

My .02

apd268
05-27-08, 11:41
I was thinking about that same thing the other day, I was thinking of turning mine on to about that level and leaving it on and recording how long it actually stays on, with new a new battery. If someone else is already doing this let me know. If not if you guys are interested I could start a new thread to keep track of exactly how long the battery life is on say level 8 or 9. Let me know

Jay Cunningham
05-27-08, 11:44
Leave it on.

Sabre675
05-27-08, 13:43
I was thinking about that same thing the other day, I was thinking of turning mine on to about that level and leaving it on and recording how long it actually stays on, with new a new battery. If someone else is already doing this let me know. If not if you guys are interested I could start a new thread to keep track of exactly how long the battery life is on say level 8 or 9. Let me know

Well, in theory if you did that your next post would be five years from now.:)

apd268
05-27-08, 18:00
I dont think on setting 8 that it will be that long, but anyway i have it on now and it will remain on until the battery burns out, we shall see, this is going to be a really long lived thread :D

Sabre675
05-27-08, 18:38
We shall see brotha. But yes, according to Aimpoint rep Freddie Blish, on setting 8 of 12 the micro should have a 5 year battery life at constant on. Although things like being exposed to cold weather may have a negative influence on performance but hopefully this is a pretty close estimate. We shall see. I just went on duty and turned mine on as well and will continue to leave it on from now on.;)

FJB
05-28-08, 02:12
Good choice. I've replaced my Comp M2 on my SBR in favor of the T1 Micro and I am very glad I did. Thinking of getting another if my Comp M2 sells.

Freddie B,

Quick question. I use my T1 on my work SBR. When I begin my shift I have been turning the Optic onto setting 8 and leaving it for the entire 8 hour shift. At the end of my shift I have been turning it back off. I do this 5 days a week x 365, you get my point. My question is do you think the repetitions on the intensity knob will wear it out?

Thanks,

Kevin

Kevin,
I wouldn't worry about breaking your "intensity knob" by turning it on and off. However, it is an Aimpoint why turn it off?? Turn it on and leave it on. With a fresh CR2032 Lithium battery it will last five years on setting 8 of 12 and one year on setting 12. Battery life will of course vary depending upon the intensity the sight is set on, variations in temperatures, etc.

If you have a concern about the battery than change it once a year every Dec 31st. CR2032 batteries are only about $2.

S/F

Sabre675
05-28-08, 03:20
FJB,

As always thanks for your input. I have decided to just leave it on from here on out. Thanks again.

Kevin

"Proelium Comminus Auctoritate"

apd268
05-30-08, 23:22
still going

apd268
09-29-08, 18:49
Still glowing strong !

MisterWilson
09-29-08, 18:57
My Short Dot got blown out of a truck, landed about 100 feet away, and immediately had it's zero confirmed on some bad guys. It worked fine, and still does.

:eek:

Forgive me for asking, but I really would like to hear more of that story!

Littlelebowski
09-30-08, 07:18
I never have understood why people who don't use NVGs buy T1s over the H1. A hundred bucks is still a bit of money to me.

MisterWilson
09-30-08, 08:48
It's the finish. The H-1's glossy look is unacceptable.

:D

That, and the idea that you're blowing all this money to get something regarded as "second best".

In for a penny, in for a pound...

David Thomas
09-30-08, 09:06
It's the finish. The H-1's glossy look is unacceptable.

:D

Nothing Krylon won't fix.

Sabre675
09-30-08, 15:56
On since 05/28/08 and still going!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!;)

bluedog
10-01-08, 08:54
I was planning to order, and was fully prepared to be satisfied with an H-1, until an online seller offered a T-1 combo deal at the same price as an H-1 combo.

m4forever
10-12-08, 11:43
Well, I got a T-1 this weekend and sent it back the same day. Did NOT care for all the "garbage" I saw looking down the tube. Sure, I saw the little dot, but I also saw "halo" rings on the side and some other kinda funky red glare coming back at me in the sun. I was really disappointed. Maybe I got a bad one? Although, I did see on the "other" website where someone else posted a similar picture of what I hated about it.

rob_s
10-12-08, 11:59
I never have understood why people who don't use NVGs buy T1s over the H1. A hundred bucks is still a bit of money to me.

I agree, however....

The gap is narrowing.

At Smartgunner, for example, the difference in price is only $50. Add in a Larue mount and they offer a package deal for the T-1 but not the H-1 (no idea why, never asked) and the gap narrows even further to only $25.

From G&R, the difference in price between the H-1 and T-1 ADM package deals is $63. A little wider, but still enough to start to question things.

Generally speaking though, I still think the H-1 is the smart buy. Just like I think the C3 is the smart buy in the fullsize Aimpoint.

Totally unrelated, but I have a prediction that we will see a 1-3x (or maybe 4x) variable Aimpoint in a housing the size of the M4 by SHOT 2010. I have no inside information on this, it's just where I see the progression winding up with the introduction of the Micros and the magnifier.

rob_s
10-12-08, 12:00
Well, I got a T-1 this weekend and sent it back the same day. Did NOT care for all the "garbage" I saw looking down the tube. Sure, I saw the little dot, but I also saw "halo" rings on the side and some other kinda funky red glare coming back at me in the sun. I was really disappointed. Maybe I got a bad one? Although, I did see on the "other" website where someone else posted a similar picture of what I hated about it.

Questions:
1) Did you mount it on a gun? If so what gun, what mount, where, etc.?
2) Did you shoot with it? I thought I saw an issue with a reticule once because I was sitting on my sofa scrutinizing it. Got out and started shooting and never noticed it again.

MisterWilson
10-12-08, 12:05
Questions:
1) Did you mount it on a gun? If so what gun, what mount, where, etc.?
2) Did you shoot with it? I thought I saw an issue with a reticule once because I was sitting on my sofa scrutinizing it. Got out and started shooting and never noticed it again.

This.

You sent back a completely normal Aimpoint without even firing it. I noticed the same thing on two others but it disappears the moment you shoot it.

C4IGrant
10-12-08, 14:20

100% normal. First, you most likely had it turned up too bright. Second, you most likely had back lighting which caused the "halo."

You needed to actually mount the T-1 on a weapon and use it before sending it back.

C4

Jerm
10-13-08, 01:17
If you're not using night vision than dont you lose out on 5 or 6 settings by going with the T1 over the H1?

That was the primary reason i didnt spend the extra on the T1.

Robb Jensen
10-13-08, 06:34
If you're not using night vision than dont you lose out on 5 or 6 settings by going with the T1 over the H1?

That was the primary reason i didnt spend the extra on the T1.

The T1 and the H1 have the same amount of settings. The differences are how far under water the T1 is warranted for, the T1 has coatings on the lenses to protect any night vision devices used behind it and the T1 is flat black.

Jerm
10-13-08, 13:02
Ok(its the coatings)...

I thought that the T1 night vision settings would just be too dim to be usefull without it.

3CTactical
10-13-08, 16:06
In my opinion, NV sttings on the T-1 are too dim to use under normal circumstances - even in low light. Even though I will never use night vision, I bought the T-1 for re-sale-ability, the matte finish, and better specs (some of them anyways) than the H-1, however I'm guessing that the H-1 is still a very worthy optic and all in all I would have no problem running one. As posted previously, the price difference is minimal, especially after shopping around a bit. Be sure and check the good deals on ebay post - it can save you a bunch, if you can wait the 60 days for the "rebate". Here's the link: http://m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=18148

apd268
10-13-08, 19:44
I have had nothing but good luck with my T-1, hopefully your problem will be addressed and fixed by Aimpoint, I am sure it will. I like mine so much that I am thinking about going ahead and getting another one for a build that I am doing soon. I do agree that you can turn it up to much. I got out on a call with mine the other day and I usually keep it on setting 5, that was a bit dim so up two clicks to 7 and that was plenty and this was in bright sunlight. If you get another one and you still dont like it, I am sure someone here will take it off your hands :cool:

ST911
10-13-08, 20:45
I've been trying to come up with a reason not to make all new purchases a T1, and rotate out the M2s and M3s.

The T1 is just...great.

Ryo
10-31-08, 18:22
That T1 is super light and awesome, but I like both my 553 & T1

midge4
10-31-08, 18:57
I was just browsing around looking for mounts for the T-1, and I came accross a mount that Matech is supposed to release. I pictures of it on the LWRC forum, I wish I knew how to attach photos. Looks cool, and is adjustable..

FJB
11-01-08, 01:49
The MaTech base was designed for use with 5.56mm M249 and 7.62mm M240 belt fed weapons. There were some modifications that needed to be made prior to full production, esp. for use with carbines.

S/F

SubSolar
11-01-08, 02:14
I'm debating between a T-1 or an ML3. I definitely want to put a 3x aimpoint magnifier on it. Thing is, I see a lot of other Aimpoints with a magnifier behind it, but have never seen a T-1 with one. Does this not work well? Is the dot too big with a magnifier? Would an ML3 be better than an T-1 with 3x?

spamsammich
11-01-08, 02:19
I'm debating between a T-1 or an ML3. I definitely want to put a 3x aimpoint magnifier on it. Thing is, I see a lot of other Aimpoints with a magnifier behind it, but have never seen a T-1 with one. Does this not work well? Is the dot too big with a magnifier? Would an ML3 be better than an T-1 with 3x?

Freddy has said this over and over again, with a 3X magnifier, the 4MOA dot is magnified just as much as the target is magnified so relative to the target, the dot doesn't get bigger.

I have an ML3 2moa and a H-1, with a larue po-boy they both work pretty well for short distances. the H-1/T-1 dot is actually smaller than the 4moa dot on my ML2 to my eyes.

SubSolar
11-01-08, 02:24
Actually, I just found a pic in this thread that appears to be have a magnifier with T-1:
https://www.m4carbine.net/showthread.php?t=21011
I understand that the dot would stay the same size relative to the target, but wouldn't it still be advantageous to have the dot smaller if the target is farther away?

spamsammich
11-01-08, 02:29
Of course it would, but until I can break the laws of physics, it'll have to do. For long distances I won't be relying on just a 2.5X magnifier ;)

midge4
11-01-08, 12:32
http://www.postimage.org/image.php?v=aV2BrzzS

http://www.postimage.org/aV2BrzzS-8426c56572eb000ab723dbf5af38311c.jpg

Magsz
11-02-08, 18:20
Midge, what is that a picture of? It looks like a really interesting mount.

EDIT: Read back on page 3 and realized it was the MAtech mount. I assume that its adjustable for elevation so you can choose your cowitness height?

M1A2_Tanker
11-02-08, 18:50
Does anybody know what the actual lens diameter is on the micro's?
I looked for it everywhere. Is it smaller than the comp series sights?

The only reddot I have is an old Tasco that is mounted on a 10-22 carbine.
It feels like starring through a tunnel and the FOV is terrible, Do the mirco's feel this way?

Basiclly there isnt anywhere within 150 miles to handle one so it will be purchased without seeing one first.

TIA, Cris

midge4
11-02-08, 19:05
Magsz

I was looking for other mounts other than the typical ones available, and I found this one. Says it's supposed to be released 12/20/08

http://lwrifles.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=2480&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Ryo
11-02-08, 19:50

The only reddot I have is an old Tasco that is mounted on a 10-22 carbine.
It feels like starring through a tunnel and the FOV is terrible, Do the mirco's feel this way?

Basiclly there isnt anywhere within 150 miles to handle one so it will be purchased without seeing one first.

TIA, Cris

Absolutely no comparison between Tasco and a Aimpoint Micro.. I doubt you'll be sorry to get the Micro. It's actually impressive.

apd268
11-02-08, 21:07
Very interesting looking mount. Does anyone have any idea what they will go for when they are released?

wahoo95
11-02-08, 21:08

20mm I believe making it smaller than the 30mm Comp series.

FJB
11-02-08, 21:45
midge,
Go to www.downrange.tv/show2 and watch video clip Part 3 to learn more about the Micro T-1.

et al,
attached is a picture of the Micro T-1 w/MaTech 7.62 mount being used as intended on an M240. The 5.56mm MaTech is adjustable from 100m to 800m in hundred meter increments as the M249 Squad Automatic Weapon is designed to engage area targets out to 800M. The 7.62 Mount will adjust from 300m to 1100m in hundred meter increments.

During a recent demo with an US Ordnance M60E3 for the Philippine Marine Corps we zero'd the sight at 100M, adjusted the elevation to 500M, and then proceeded to smoke a target at 475M. It took less than 10 rounds to zero and less than 2 minutes.

Again, these mounts were originally designed for belt fed weapons that shoot a "cone of fire" not more precise carbines. Not sure how it will perform on carbines. Aimpoint 3X Magnifiers in the Twist Mount or LaRue Pivot Mount will work with this mount. It is standard Co-Witness.

S/F

snakedoctor
11-02-08, 22:35
has anyone had any problems with the dot in the micro t-1? mine doesnt look like a round dot, its more like a fuzzy dot with lines coming off it. my comp ML3's dot is perfect. what do you guys think?

spamsammich
11-02-08, 22:42
All of my Aimpoints "bloom" when my astigmatism is bad. When corrected they all look like a clean dot. H-1, ML3, ML2 all behave the same when my eyes are bad, no matter what dot size. Dialing down the brightness and shooting outdoors can lessen the effect. So can looking at the dot through the small aperture on my BUIS.

snakedoctor
11-03-08, 03:45
well, i have 20/15 vision in both eyes and i can qualify expert every time when my unit quals. so i know its the dot and not my eyes.

sff70
11-03-08, 08:24
I spent some time with an unmounted T1 and found the same, initially.

Here's what made this go away for me:

-don't turn the brightness up excessively high
-go outside and try it, not just inside
-look at the target, not the dot
-do some drills with it, such as: mount the carbine quickly, as though you're going to take a shot, find the target, and put the dot on it

All the above were very helpful to me.

If you do a search, there has been previous discussion on this, buried in other T1 threads a few months ago.

Stick with it, I think you'll be fine.

has anyone had any problems with the dot in the micro t-1? mine doesnt look like a round dot, its more like a fuzzy dot with lines coming off it. my comp ML3's dot is perfect. what do you guys think?

spamsammich
11-03-08, 08:24
It is still possible to have good vision and a touch of astigmatism. Doesn't take much to distort the dot. Look a t a couple more T-1s to make sure it isn't just yours that is the problem.

spamsammich
11-03-08, 08:30
I spent some time with an unmounted T1 and found the same, initially.

Here's what made this go away for me:

-don't turn the brightness up excessively high
-go outside and try it, not just inside
-look at the target, not the dot
-do some drills with it, such as: mount the carbine quickly, as though you're going to take a shot, find the target, and put the dot on it

All the above were very helpful to me.

If you do a search, there has been previous discussion on this, buried in other T1 threads a few months ago.

Stick with it, I think you'll be fine.

Exactly, some fool sent his back without even trying it out assuming it was junk. Even when my astigmatism is uncorrected, shooting outdoors, focusing on the target with both eyes open makes the dot tighten up.

midge4
11-03-08, 11:32
FJB

Thanks for posting that photo of the 240 Bravo. I agree with you about how it will work on a carbine. One thing for sure that I noticed is it takes up a lot of rail space. Making it hard to add a magnifier, and buis. That is one of the benefits of mounting the T-1, it takes up little room, and is light. Adding the Matech mount takes away those benefits the T-1 offers..

midge4
11-03-08, 16:52
In regards to all that were inquiring about the Matech Aimpoint mount. I got an email from Matech today, and it says, We expect to have inventory for both 5.56mm and 6.8 mounts available by the end of this year, and at this point we do not have established pricing but will within a few weeks. That was sent to me from the Business Development Specialist..

I find it interesting that they are going to offer it for 6.8. So this does tell me that it is also intended for carbine applications, not just belt fed weapons.

Hopes this answers some of you questions guys,

Thanks,

Midge

Sabre675
05-28-09, 01:09
Been on continuously Since May 28, 2008 and still going.

WGG
05-29-09, 22:12
Got a T1 and ADM mount from Grant recently and added it to my LMT. I have it set up for absolute cowitness with the LMT BUIS and FSB. For me this setup really improves my performance in drills.

I also saw the dot flare and a red halo when set above 9 or 10. As was previously mentioned, if you turn down the intensity and focus on the target that should solve the problem.

Ryo
05-29-09, 22:45
If you have it seeing halos.. you have it way way too high. Your suppose to turn it down to the lowest setting, but be able to easily see the dot and differentiate it from the background.

Love my T-1.

Kiwi
05-30-09, 09:10
At what distance do you guys zero your T1's with your AR's? 25m?

rob_s
05-30-09, 09:17
At what distance do you guys zero your T1's with your AR's? 25m?
50, same as everything else. No reason to change just because of the optic.

Alaskapopo
05-30-09, 09:55

Maybe they want to dream about buying night vision in the future.
Pat

rob_s
05-30-09, 09:58
I've found a few sources where the price difference was less than $50 between the two, and was willing to pay the slight premium to get the optic with mount (they didn't offer that deal on the H-1 at the time) and the matte finish (when the H-1 was still shiny). In fact, with the package deal with the mount the T-1 was even closer to the H-1 price.

However, if we're going off of MAP then I agree that the H-1 is not only "just as good" but actually better.

SiGfever
05-30-09, 17:17
I've found a few sources where the price difference was less than $50 between the two, and was willing to pay the slight premium to get the optic with mount (they didn't offer that deal on the H-1 at the time) and the matte finish (when the H-1 was still shiny). In fact, with the package deal with the mount the T-1 was even closer to the H-1 price.

However, if we're going off of MAP then I agree that the H-1 is not only "just as good" but actually better.

I have been going back and forth between the ML3 (2MOA) and the T1. Why do you say the H1 is better? I will not be doing night vision so that capability is just an extra expense.
Thanks.

spamsammich
05-30-09, 19:03
Better in the sense that you get everything you need, and nothing you don't and save about 70 bucks.

DRich
05-30-09, 20:34
Why do you say the H1 is better? I will not be doing night vision so that capability is just an extra expense.
Thanks.

You basically answered your own question there. No need for a T1 if you don't plan to use night vision. The H1 is basically a T1 without NV capability. Just like the ML series -vs- the M series optics.

Why waste the extra cash on a T1 if you aren't going to use NVD's?

Kiwi
05-30-09, 22:32
50, same as everything else. No reason to change just because of the optic.

Since T1 is a bit of a CQB optic, if you zero at 50, and when shooting say 10m in CQB situation, wouldnt it be shooting way too low?

Jerm
05-30-09, 23:03
Even at contact distance it should never be shooting lower than your optics height over bore(a few inches?)...A little less at 10m.

Unlikely to matter at those ranges i would think.You should already be compensating for HOB anyway(as seen in a recent thread :D).

PlatoCATM
05-31-09, 00:10
Since T1 is a bit of a CQB optic, if you zero at 50, and when shooting say 10m in CQB situation, wouldnt it be shooting way too low?

Even if you zero at 25 you still have to factor in the height above bore (2.6") at point blank range.

Alaskapopo
05-31-09, 00:11

Maybe this will help.
50 yard zero
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/355sigfan/improvedbattlesightzero01.jpg

25 yard zero
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/355sigfan/300meterzero01.jpg

100 yard zero
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g299/355sigfan/100yardzero01.jpg

Alaskapopo
05-31-09, 00:14
Even if you zero at 25 you still have to factor in the height above bore (2.6") at point blank range.

Whatever you do, don't zero at 7 yards. I know a SWAT team that actually did that saying that is where most of their engagements are. Problem is your are way off 7 and out.
Pat

PlatoCATM
05-31-09, 00:51
Whatever you do, don't zero at 7 yards. I know a SWAT team that actually did that saying that is where most of their engagements are. Problem is your are way off 7 and out.
Pat

Agreed. Zero at 50 and learn to adjust fire as distances close. The offset isn't as critical with center mass shots as it is brain shots.

Failure2Stop
05-31-09, 05:09
Pat

This would be funny if we were talking about airsofters.

rob_s
05-31-09, 07:59
I have been going back and forth between the ML3 (2MOA) and the T1. Why do you say the H1 is better? I will not be doing night vision so that capability is just an extra expense.
Thanks.

I say the H-1 is better because it provides every feature that 99.9% of users can make use of, and none that they can't, for a lower price. The T-1 is a better overall product because it has more settings and a deeper waterproofing rating, but there's no sense having a ferrari if the speed limit is only 35 and you're unwilling or unable to exceed it.

SiGfever
05-31-09, 08:30
I say the H-1 is better because it provides every feature that 99.9% of users can make use of, and none that they can't, for a lower price. The T-1 is a better overall product because it has more settings and a deeper waterproofing rating, but there's no sense having a ferrari if the speed limit is only 35 and you're unwilling or unable to exceed it.

Makes sense, thanks for all the replies.
John