PDA

View Full Version : Enhanced BCG

sportyr1200
05-06-08, 18:22
Does anyone know the difference between the regular BCG and the Enhanced BCG from LMT?

Also are they about the same durability wise?

Im trying to build a knowledge base here...thanks.

C4IGrant
05-06-08, 19:16
Does anyone know the difference between the regular BCG and the Enhanced BCG from LMT?

Also are they about the same durability wise?

Im trying to build a knowledge base here...thanks.

Yes and the difference is that the enhanced BCG is a bad idea. Stick with the standard model.

C4

Safetyhit
05-06-08, 22:54
Yes and the difference is that the enhanced BCG is a bad idea. Stick with the standard model.

C4

Well, we can assume this is true. However, can you elaborate the difference a bit for us less in the know?

Parabellum9x19mm
05-07-08, 01:13
i have an enhanced BCG. the issues as i see it, you have to get spare parts direct from LMT and they are expensive (i think my spare extractor was like $45 or something)...you cant use a carbon scraper tool when you're cleaning the carrier.

the LMT Enhanced BCGs work fine, but so do the standard BCGs. you wont notice any difference, excpet that your wallet is a little lighter.

get the standard group, use the money that you saved to buy some spare parts....

C4IGrant
05-07-08, 08:28
Well, we can assume this is true. However, can you elaborate the difference a bit for us less in the know?

Reasons why not to use them:

1. Cost.
2. Can actually create short stroking.
3. Generally only work with 16" barrels and above.

C4