PDA

View Full Version : ar15 should i sell or not

HMsailor
11-14-13, 11:00
i dont really shoot my ar anymore cuz making a trip to the rifle range is out the way which is a pain. the pistol ranges are close by which i go to most of the time for 9mm and 45cal. now my ar is just sitting in the closet with 500rds of 5.56 ammo on standby. im thinking of getting rid of it. should i or not?

Kain
11-14-13, 11:05
Personally I would not, but then again I have guns I shoot a lot less and still have as just in case. If you are thinking about getting rid of it and not replacing it or have nothing that takes it place then wait for the next panic and unload the package at three times retail. Personally if it is a quality AR15 and you have it now, well they aren't going to get cheaper.....

Split66
11-14-13, 11:06
Man up and shoot the thing.

richiecotite
11-14-13, 11:14
Went through the same thing a week or 2 ago. I don't have any ranges that go past 50 yards within an hour and a half of me, so i hadn't shot my (franken) AR since early spring. Was going to use the money to send my 1911 off to have work done. After i sold it, I felt naked without a rifle. Instead of putting the money to upgrading my 1911, I bought a BCM.

I would say as long as you have another rifle, sell it. If thats your only rifle, keep it.

3 AE
11-14-13, 11:14
If it's a BCM, Colt, Daniel Defense, KAC, LMT, or Noveske, then sell it so somebody else will have a quality AR that they can shoot. If it's something else then keep it for a "just in case" scenario.

tgizzard
11-14-13, 11:57
I would say keep it. I'm just wondering, how long have you owned it? Personally, I wouldn't buy something just to turn around and sell it. In fact, not only should you keep it, but you should buy some more ammo and make time to get out to the range and shoot it!