PDA

View Full Version : Living Trust

Voodoochild
09-08-06, 18:31
Quick question on the Living Trust route. I snagged a copy of Quicken will maker 2006 and found this site http://www.ilrg.com/forms/trustrev.html

I am just wondering how I go about this and if when I start this process. Do I submit a copy of the trust or a certificate of trust. Someone give me the dumbass walkthrough. Thanks if this is posted in wrong section I apologize.

Derek_Connor
09-09-06, 08:05
Use the qucken will maker...easier...

find the living recovable trust for your state..

fill out all your necessary information, you can be the grantor AND the trustee, and fill in significant others for sucessor trustees, benefeciaries etc...

print out 2-3 copies on the SAME DAY you get them notarized, so do not print them today and get them notarized on monday.... (dont ask me why, this is what i did, and have been told to do )

After you get things notarized, get your form 1/form 4 completed send the following to the ATF:

1) Declaration of the Trust (the first page it prints for the actual trust, it will print a bunch of instructions, ignore those)
1a) The signature page that shows your signature and the notaries
2)2 Copies of properly formated form 1/4(make sure you print them correctly, even though you wont use the back sides for the trust, make sure they are there)
3)Citizenship Form
4) 200 money order or check..

Submariner
09-09-06, 08:13
How is this process different from submitting the BATF form in your own name?

Aubrey
09-09-06, 09:46
Sub,
I'm not attorney ;) , but it's my understanding that corporate or trust entities don't require the LEO signoff. I've also heard that there are advantages to the trust over the corporate route that others may be able to elaborate on.

Derek_Connor
09-09-06, 13:04
I recently completed the trust route here in Florida. And I am just a avg. joe, no one special.

When you fill out your form 1, you fill it out as the same as corporation would do, as a "business entity"

When you sign the form 1, you sign your full name, and as "position" you would sign "Grantor"

Real easy....the form 1 was harder than setting up the trust to be honest.

If anyone needs help offline, i'd be more than willing to walk you through over the phone...

Voodoochild
09-09-06, 14:38
Where do you get the Citizenship forms?

Hoplophile
09-09-06, 15:13
How is this process different from submitting the BATF form in your own name?
No CLEO sign off, no fingerprinting and no passport photos. IOW, no trips to the local PD for anything. It's all between you, your dealer and the mail back and forth to ATF.

If you're local CLEO won't sign off then this lets you get around them. Even if they will sign off this saves time and effort. Doesn't save any money though. Anything that makes NFA items easier is going to be rough on the bank account.

Derek_Connor
09-09-06, 17:49
Click here... (http://www.atf.treas.gov/forms/pdfs/f533020.pdf) for the citizenship form