View Full Version : Does every T1 have a laser-like halo?

Javelin
11-14-13, 17:21
I've noticed my new T1 is giving me a clear red laser halo around the inside body of the aperture that completes from 5 o'clock full around to 3 o'clock. My aimpoint pro does nothing like this even on the highest setting (it just illuminates the tube some but not a laser round halo).

Is this a normal aperture for the T1?

titanse05
11-14-13, 17:22
Negative. What lighting conditions are you experiencing this?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S4

Javelin
11-14-13, 17:23
I wish I could post a picture from my iPhone.

RearwardAssist
11-14-13, 17:23
Doesn't sound right to me have you tried rotating the optic and seeing if the light moves with it or stays in same spot. I know that is usually used when the dot appears out of focus. But may be a good starting point.

Javelin
11-14-13, 17:40
The halo is laser clear around the turret except 4-5 o'clock where it distinctly stops and starts again. My Pro is perfect and if the setting of the laser is 1 or 2 levels too bright it just makes the dot flare a little bit but this T1 is giving me heck if it's 1 level too bright for the backdrop. The halo completely washes out the entire lens if indoors and it is turned to 11... I should have stuck with M68s.

steyrman13
11-14-13, 17:43
I'll trade you a m68 for it! ;))
Mine does it until I turn it down to level 8 it 9. My comp m4 does it one it's highest and a comp m2 does it barely on the highest setting

Javelin
11-14-13, 17:53
I'll trade you a m68 for it! ;))
Mine does it until I turn it down to level 8 it 9. My comp m4 does it one it's highest and a comp m2 does it barely on the highest setting

I must have just been really lucky with my 2 Pros as they don't do much but "fuzz/starburst" the dot if set too high. Never seen an aimpoint have a halo. I've only seen it on those cheap vortex or sig fakepoints. Maybe I shouldn't have been so hard on the fakepoints....

polymorpheous
11-14-13, 17:57
My 4moa H1 does the same thing at it highest settings.
No worries because I never have it that bright.

You should know that there is much more than just a halo that separates the Aimpoint from it's clones.

HD1911
11-15-13, 08:09
I have noticed this mainly when I'm on too bright of a setting, relative to ambient lighting conditions.

Pork Chop
11-15-13, 08:23
I wish I could post a picture from my iPhone.

You can through tapatalk.

Maybe I missed something, but why are you finding it necessary to use the highest settings? I hardly ever find conditions requiring much more than mid level brightness settings and certainly not indoors?

Honest question, not being provocative.

Javelin
11-17-13, 20:29
Mine halos around setting 8 or so....I'm told this is normal. I hate it but whatever it is on a spare 8" Noveske SBR and that's where it will sit. My main SBR will continue to be mounted with an M68. There is beauty with simplicity and the M68 gives me that.