PDA

View Full Version : Schmidt Bender Price Increase

Razorhunter
05-06-08, 22:17
Copied this from one of SB's dealer pages actually:

"Schmidt and Bender went off the scale a few years ago with their roughly 30% across the board price increase, now they are really out there with their latest price increase. What makes it even harder to swallow is the fact that the product has remained the same.

Schmidt Bender sites the weak dollar as the culprit, but it really does not matter because not too many people will be willing or able to pay $1019.95 for a 4x36 or $3549.95 for a 5-15x56.

To add insult to injury Schmidt Bender is no longer supplying the U.S. contractor who was awarded the U.S.M.C. S.S.D.S. contract with scopes and Schmidt Bender will no longer be allowed to offer the Gen. II Mil-Dot reticle in their scopes due to licensing issues.

I hate to see such a fine company with such a storied history headed in the wrong direction. I hope things turn around for them and in a hurry.

Jay Cunningham
05-06-08, 22:18
I'm glad I grabbed mine when I did... $1500 PM II with a couple of scratches...

SinnFéinM1911
05-07-08, 08:27
There are good reasons as to why the Premier Reticules dropped them. I’m not sure if it is public knowledge yet, so I will refrain from the details that I know. But look for exciting products from Premiere really soon!