PDA

View Full Version : Pmag issues

elia.jon1
11-14-13, 21:15
I got a couple new pmags for my birthday this year. I had one i had quit using because the thing took force to get in my colt's magwell.

Well i measured the new ones at the back of the mag (ahead of the rim)

New mags were. 888" And. 885"

The old one is. 905"

Why would i be the only person who has had a pmag spread?

Thanks
jon

Javelin
11-14-13, 22:09
Most of us don't use calipers to measure our mags? I've never paid attention as they just go from the pouch into the mag well and back again :)

elia.jon1
11-14-13, 22:16
Hence my problem...it doesnt go in the magwell unless i beat it in and then rip it out

STONE-YARDER
11-14-13, 22:29
Gen3?

HeliPilot
11-14-13, 22:32
Here's a solution, stop using it. PMAGS aren't expensive and you could easily replace it for one that works 100%. Contact Magpul if you're that worried about it, hell they may hook it up with a new one who knows. I'd stop wasting time worrying about 1 faulty mag, stuff happens man move on.

brushy bill
11-14-13, 22:49
I don't know if it is a relic of the 1994 ban or not, but people seem to develop attachments to their mags. I get it when they are unobtanium, though even during the ban you could find AR15 mags. However, in the current market, I'd contact Magpul and see if they will fix it. If not, discard it and move on.

steyrman13
11-14-13, 23:08
If it was stored loaded for long periods WITHOUT the dust cover, it will cause that. They are expendable a though so keep the follower and spring and discard the body

Javelin
11-14-13, 23:14
Agree they are expendible products as I view all mags. I buy my pmags 20 at a time. The only ones I know are perfect are still in the wrapper and I keep a bunch of them as "extras".

Javelin
11-14-13, 23:16
By the way the new pmags that they are minting as gen2 no longer come with the covers. Much to my surprise. Magpul states on their website that the cover is a moot point and not required. Just food for thought.

Greenhead308
11-14-13, 23:19
Maybe you should contact Magpul. They are usually great with their CS.

ST911
11-14-13, 23:25
OP- Hit several of our previous PMag threads for detailed conversation on feed lips, dust covers, long term loading, etc. You'll find that some here have had mags loaded for years without issue, and those include the earliest mags. More recent production are the best iteration yet.

Also, be sure to contact Magpul so that they have opportunity to address the issue directly.

Iraqgunz
11-14-13, 23:42
If there is an issue Magpul will resolve it as they have for others when it was necessary.