PDA

View Full Version : DSG Arms did great! Cavalry Arms stock is so-so.

mastiffhound
11-15-13, 23:52
I know others have posted about great experience with DSG Arms but the first thread I found here when researching them was a guy saying he had a bad experience because of a perceived slight because he didn't get something free when a lower had a slight blemish. They did great for me, I ordered from them in Texas to have it sent to Ohio. I opted for their usps shipping at $6.75 and got my Magpul K2 and Cavalry Arms C1 stock in 2 days (ordered wednesday morning got it friday morning). I was really looking at the EFX-A1 stock but just couldn't justify the price to myself, plus it wasn't as short as the real A1 stock after looking at actual length.

I already posted about the grip on the K2 thread so I won't here. The CA C1 stock fits as well as my A2, I guess the new owners got that right. The flash marks are present but seem more finished, not as well as my A2 stock but close. I did use my buttplate from my A2 because they still haven't fixed that problem though. The buttplate CA uses is flimsy, just as before. The screw they sent also did not have the hole in it like the original. I just drilled a hole strait through but if I didn't have the tools to do so (being a mechanic comes in handy!) I would be pissed! Other than a few little problems it's pretty good and feels as solid as my A2 did. If you order a CA C1 stock get a new buttplate. Also get a screw from somewhere else unless you have a drill with a bit that is small enough.

I just thought a better (and more realistic) experience and review was warranted because the other review seemed foolish. I also wanted to say something about CA's C1 stock as others have asked about them but the reviews are a few years old and don't include new reviews for the version put out by the new owners.

M4C
11-16-13, 08:47
I just got a C1 stock, too, and noticed the same thing about the screw. I considered drilling it, like you did, but I think I will shorten the old A2 screw instead. I'll first thread a nut onto the screw, then cut off the excess length, then as the nut comes off it should clean up the threads.
It DOES seem like Cav Arms could have put in a little effort to source a reasonable facsimile of the A1 screw, with the proper hole and a slotted head instead of that hex socket.

mastiffhound
11-16-13, 16:46
I thought of grinding it or cutting it but the hole usually gets jammed with excess metal and I have to drill it anyways. I'm just glad I already had the A2 stock to source the buttplate.