PDA

View Full Version : Crimson Trace- front or rear activation?

philpac33
11-16-13, 00:40
Looking to add a Crimson Trace lasergrips to a Gen3 G19. I've been able to play with both rear activation(LG-619) and front activation(LG-417) on displays but found it hard to form an opinion without having used either in live fire. I have heard complaints that the rear activated model added too much bulk to the circumference of the grip, making reaching the trigger difficult for those with smallish hands. The biggest complaint about the front activation I've found is with some shooters natural grip that the activation button doesn't end up exactly under their finger. The front activation is significantly more expensive. Thoughts and opinions greatly appreciated.

Vic303
11-18-13, 08:19
I like the rear activation on my m&p better than the front activation on the 642. I have small hands, and have no problems with the M&P.

SOWT
11-19-13, 21:41
I like the rear activation on my m&p better than the front activation on the 642. I have small hands, and have no problems with the M&P.
Just the opposite for me, I like the front activation on my M9 better then the rear activation on my M&P.

Rear activation seems to result in a constant on, where I can flash the beam with a front activation.
YMMV.