PDA

View Full Version : Viper PST vs Bushnell HDMR

C-grunt
11-16-13, 22:05
I currently run a Viper PST 6-24 SFP on my 308 and am planning on switching. I want something FFP and with better glass. Mines not bad but compared to my friends 2.5-10 PST FFP it's noticeably worse. I was planning on getting one of those but recently found that Bushnell gives a very good discount to LE and Mil through a couple vendors and is close in price.

However there isn't much about the HDMR on this site. I've found info elsewhere but I trust this place for some no BS info. As far as I can see the only thing the PST has over the HDMR is illum, which I don't use, and size, which I'm not concerned about.

steyrman13
11-16-13, 22:09
I have a HDMR. I have shot meting the mark 6 and feel them to be very close in quality of glass. The Bushnell does have blue halos on white targets due to lens coating I believe. It is pretty dang heavy though. 2lbs pretty much

MarshallDodge
11-16-13, 23:24
I have had the Vortex PST 6-24 FFP for about six months and find it to be a good scope for the price paid.. Looking through a friends Bushnell HDMR, the glass did not look much different, and I am not sure if I am sold on the busy reticle.

Neither of them are as nice as my Nightforce Benchrest.

Something else to consider- I looked through an SIII Sightron tonight and while it was under 100 yards, I thought the glass was very clear and I liked the finer reticle. The guy who owned it is a record holding benchrest shooter and thought that the glass was every bit as good as his Nightforce.