PDA

View Full Version : Mr Larry Vickers..................A public Thank You !

SCULLY
05-07-08, 13:25
I know Larry does post here and that some of you have trained with and know Larry personally, i just wanted to publicly say thanks to Larry. Without going into a long story, i had a cosmetic fitting issue with my Vickers Tactical 1911, i sent a picture to Larry and his response was "thats unacceptable" and "thats an Asswound of a gun" hahaha. Larry personally got involved and personally talked to Ron Phillips and the Nighthawk gang about my gun, he even wanted to be informed about the progress of my issue being fixed. Now im in Canada and Larry doesnt know me, and it would be fair to say he wasnt making millions off the commision from my 1 sale, so i could of easily been ignored. But for someone of Larry's status and his busy schedule to get involved and genuinely concerned, says alot about the man, a true gentleman. I just got the gun back yesterday, and everything looks great. So, thanks alot Larry, i greatly appreciated your help.

PS.....Larry also sent me a free Vickers Tactical hat and his Glock mag release for my troubles. :)

Thanks Alot

Mike

Don Robison
05-07-08, 13:44
I haven't had the opportunity to train with him, but that makes want to re-work my schedule to make it happen.

mayonaise
05-07-08, 13:57
It's no secret that the man is a class act.

Bulldog1967
05-07-08, 14:06
I'm sorry, but that doesn't sound like the Larry Vickers I know.

Now if he said "That is more wrong than two men f#cking", THAT would be the LV I know! :D

Wayne Dobbs
05-07-08, 14:39
Larry is the real deal from the standpoints of a trainer, communicator, pistolsmith, weapons knowledge resource and lots of others.

I've done two classes with him this year, one of which I hosted, and have another booked. I've gotten to train with LOTS of great trainers over the past 25 of so years and he's worth what it costs in terms of time, money, ammo, etc. to get some time with him.

ToddG
05-07-08, 14:40
Now if he said "That is more wrong than two men f#cking", THAT would be the LV I know! :D

... in church.

JSandi
05-07-08, 14:40

Now, occasionally you see a pic of him that bears a uncanny resemblance to Larry The Cable Guy...

:D :o

tjcoker
05-07-08, 15:29
I'm sorry, but that doesn't sound like the Larry Vickers I know.

There was something about midget boys added to that line during our training with him in Utah.

Ok, Ok, so I personally added the midget part. But damn, that's a great line to explain wrong... :p