PDA

View Full Version : Burris P.E.P.R. mount

karlglen101
11-19-13, 21:01
I was just curious if anyone else has one of these mounts, and how they have worked out for you thus far. I have one for a Burris Fullfield II 3-9x. I bought the mount as it is supposed to have good repeat-ability of zero when removing and replacing on a rifle. I had rough zero'd my rifle sometime over the summer and then removed it to put my Aimpoint back on. I then took it back out a few weeks ago to site in a dead zero for deer hunting. Once I got it dialed in, I figured I'd test it on my 300 blackout upper just to see how close the zero's were. When I put it on my 300 upper, I couldn't even tell where my rounds were hitting at 50 yards on the board. After 10 rounds, I gave up, as I really needed it zero'd dead for at least one rifle. I put it back on my DD, and was hitting high ~4" and right ~3".
The scope didn't come loose in the rings. It locked on pretty tight to my upper also. I dialed it back in and called it good.
I took the rifle out this past weekend for opening day. I hadn't touched the scope since zeroing. I was very careful about how I placed the rifle in my bag, carried it, etc. My first shot, which bagged a buck, hit high again. Close enough for hunting standards, but I know it was dialed in to where I could cover 4-5 shots with a quarter at 100 yards. The second one I got, also hit high. Both were roughly 3-4" high. So, I was just curious if anyone else has dealt with this combo, or this mount in particular and what your results have been. I really like the setup and want to make sure I haven't missed something along the way.
Thanks.

Pilot1
11-24-13, 12:29
I have the P.E.P.R. QD mount for my Burris MTAC 1.5-6x40 which sits atop my Colt LE6920. So far the zero has been pretty good. Not exactly on but within a click or two when I remount. A buddy of mine has the ADM Recon QD mount, and I think it is worth the extra money, and his zeros better than mine. I think it was around $80 more than the P.E.P.R. QD. It just seems more solid with more surface bearing metal, but it is more money.

http://www.bravocompanyusa.com/American-Defense-RECON-Scope-Mount-30mm-rings-p/ad%20recon%2030.htm

SurplusShooter
11-24-13, 13:18
I have the Burris PEPR "quick disconnect" and I wish I had the regular bolt-on instead. I had a problem with the QD arms becoming loose after firing a few times. The way I use it is: install it, sight it in, and don't touch it. I do not rely on my PEPR mount to remove & reinstall, without having to sight it in again.

As to the OP's question of "first cold shot of the day" holding the same zero with the PEPR, well it could be any one of several reasons...hard to tell if its the PEPR exactly.

RHINOWSO
11-27-13, 19:29
I have the screw mount version on my MP-15/22 with a Weaver 2.5-7x and it's been fine, but I haven't taken it off.