PDA

View Full Version : out of spec troy fixed rear battle sight?

tempestv
11-21-13, 21:03
What should the dimension be that I'm measuring in the picture below? The caliper is reading .8590". I just got the sight, and it fits very loosely and wobbles on the receiver rail as well as the the free float forend rail. I mic'ed the receiver rail at .83520" and the forend rail at .83260", and the sight seems way oversize, but I'm not sure what the dimensions on the sight should be.
http://i59.photobucket.com/albums/g290/tempestv/IMG_20131121_194307_820_zps731854be.jpg

TactTeam
11-21-13, 21:11
My front fixed was extremely tight. This is how I fixed it. I took a thin flathead screwdriver and inserted in the relief cuts to the l&r of your calipers. Slightly pry it open a tiny bit at a time until it slides on nice and snug. When you install the crossbolt it will pull back together really tight.

Edit-I do not know the dimensions, though.

Edit 2-Sorry, read it wrong. You have the exact opposite problem I had.

tempestv
11-21-13, 21:16
Trust me, I have no issues with the sight being too tight. My problem is that I can't tighten the sight down enough to keep it from having play in every direction.
I'm still waiting for the front sight in the mail.

TactTeam
11-21-13, 21:45
Sorry dor the miss info....but if your front is too tight you will know how to fix it. :)

3 AE
11-23-13, 14:06
The receiver top measures .831-.833 on my BCM. The dimension I have on my Troy sight is .847 and it does tighten up enough to lock it in place. I'd give Troy a call to find out what's what.

GH41
11-23-13, 16:11
Comparing the measured width of the rail with the internal distance between either side of the sight doesn't mean anything. The sides of the rail are not sharp to a point. Look at them. Measuring between the dovetails on the sight are not accurate unless the jaws of the caliper are knife edged. Send it to Troy. If it is real troy sight they will replace it. GH