PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint CompML2 with Aimpoint 3x magnifier - your opinions?

gjj
05-08-08, 10:32
I have an 16" AR-15 with a 4 MOA dot Aimpoint CompML2 that I would like to use for coyote hunting. The problem with the red dot alone in this role is that a coyote does a pretty good job of blending into the background. I would like some magnification to give me a better sight picture. Many shots are also at dawn and dusk when there is low light. Sight picture is a factor here too.

My main concerns are:

1. How does the Aimpoint 3x/Comp ML2 combination do in low light?
2. Would the field of view be too narrow for tracking a moving target?

Based on your experience, what is your opinion of this combination for hunting a small, mobile target with a 6" kill radius?

C4IGrant
05-08-08, 10:59
I have an 16" AR-15 with a 4 MOA dot Aimpoint CompML2 that I would like to use for coyote hunting. The problem with the red dot alone in this role is that a coyote does a pretty good job of blending into the background. I would like some magnification to give me a better sight picture. Many shots are also at dawn and dusk when there is low light. Sight picture is a factor here too.

My main concerns are:

1. How does the Aimpoint 3x/Comp ML2 combination do in low light?
2. Would the field of view be too narrow for tracking a moving target?

Based on your experience, what is your opinion of this combination for hunting a small, mobile target with a 6" kill radius?

This setup is fine for low light, but the FOV will be narrower.

My suggestion for varmint hunting would be to use a 2MOA Aimpoint or just get a 1-4 or 2-10 varmint scope.

C4