PDA

View Full Version : Best Tactical Carbine DVD?

Doc Safari
11-22-13, 16:07
My girlfriend is new to AR's but got hooked and bought a new Colt.

Training classes aren't real big in this area, but I was looking on Amazon at some training DVD's.

What's the best one, or is there more than one really good one?

I'd like one that takes a person through the basics to advanced techniques if possible.

Pork Chop
11-22-13, 16:26
I've got an extra Travis Haley basic carbine video I got as swag from BCM. If you want to pm your address, I'll send it to you and she can have it.
It covers some good basics and explains things like zeroing really well.

ETA: it's the Make ready series. Adaptive carbine.

TheGut
11-22-13, 16:33
If you don't mind watching it on your computer than panteo is great.

http://www.panteaoproductions.com

Just do the monthly membership and get access to all of there films. Off the top of my head you can get streaming carbine dvd's from Travis Haley, Pat Rodgers, Paul Howe, and a bunch of others. That's also not counting all of the other great dvds they have.

diving dave
11-22-13, 16:36
The Magpul DVDs are great, but do her a favor and get the rifle malfunctions DVD from Viking tactics..

Doc Safari
11-22-13, 16:37
I've got an extra Travis Haley basic carbine video I got as swag from BCM. If you want to pm your address, I'll send it to you and she can have it.

Heck yeah! PM sent! Thanks!

wayoutwest
11-22-13, 16:45

Most excellent

Pork Chop
11-22-13, 16:51

You bet. Always love to see the ladies take interest, just tell her Merry Christmas from me. :)

Doc Safari
11-22-13, 17:20
You bet. Always love to see the ladies take interest, just tell her Merry Christmas from me. :)

Merry Christmas from Pork Chop, it is!

Thanks again.

mattg1024
11-22-13, 18:00
The Magpul ones had a drills section that was pretty good if I remember right. You can find the whole videos right on YouTube.

JS-Maine
11-22-13, 19:21

This is a great video and I would recommended the same. Of course it's for her ;) but you should watch it as well. Like Pork Chop said the zero instructional chapter is probably the best explaination and comparison of various zeros that I have ever seen. Magpul Dynamics The Art of the Tactical Carbine is a great series as well and also has some malfunction instruction as well as good training drills. Agree with it or not, a fair amount of this stuff is on YouTube.

Wake27
11-22-13, 19:21
I'd also have to second a single month subscription to Panteo. Hell of a value if you've got some free time.

B Cart
11-22-13, 22:07
I second the recommendation to get a Panteo subscription. It has a ton of videos from a lot of great instructors covering all different aspects and shooting applications. Well worth the monthly cost.

11-23-13, 11:02
My girlfriend is new to AR's but got hooked and bought a new Colt.

Training classes aren't real big in this area

IIRC you are in Utah? If so, I'm bringing in instructors to teach small, private classes 4-5X yr. Just had F2S out for a 3 day combined pistol/carbine class. Several women in the "group." Let me know if interested. F2S will be back out in the early spring.

VIP3R 237
11-23-13, 11:23
IIRC you are in Utah? If so, I'm bringing in instructors to teach small, private classes 4-5X yr. Just had F2S out for a 3 day combined pistol/carbine class. Several women in the "group." Let me know if interested. F2S will be back out in the early spring.

Where in utah? This state has been a dead state for training so I would be very interested.

11-23-13, 11:45
Approx. 45min. north of SLC. There is a new Best Western(clean, well run) right off of the interstate that leads to land classes held on.

rdmega
11-24-13, 10:39
Tagged for interest, I'm up by logan and I'm working on hosting up here too

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk

justin_247
11-24-13, 13:31
The Magpul DVDs are great, but do her a favor and get the rifle malfunctions DVD from Viking tactics..

The Magpul vids are nice, yes, but they're always trying to sell something in them, which is really annoying to me. Like an hour in they're talking about BAD levers and crap.

B Cart
11-24-13, 16:42
I'm in Utah as well and am always interested in more training. I've taken multiple rifle and pistol classes here locally, but would love to train with F2S and others. Keep us posted!

tog
11-24-13, 17:33
Do any of our resident pros like Ig or grant have any videos? If not, they should coordinate and film some training sessions for us folks who have trouble getting out of the mountains.

11-24-13, 19:40
I'm going to go over to Regional discussions and start a generic thread so we can keep up with training in Utah.

Moss
11-24-13, 21:01
I got the adaptive carbine dvd from BCM also and enjoyed it. I think she will too.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

DTHN2LGS
11-25-13, 15:11
I like the Pat Rogers Basic Carbine and Carbine 2. The Panteao monthly subscription is also good, I'm due to start again. There are enough new ones since the last time to justify it.

ETA: The Travis Haley Adaptive Carbine is good too, especially the lecture on the results of different zero's at distance alone makes it worthwhile.

EB-SF
11-25-13, 17:04
I like the Pat Rogers Basic Carbine and Carbine 2. The Panteao monthly subscription is also good, I'm due to start again. There are enough new ones since the last time to justify it.

ETA: The Travis Haley Adaptive Carbine is good too, especially the lecture on the results of different zero's at distance alone makes it worthwhile.

I've been watching the Panteao videos and I like the Paul Howe series.

DTHN2LGS
11-26-13, 14:35
I've been watching the Panteao videos and I like the Paul Howe series.

Yeah, his stuff is good too, just trying to not recommend everybody at the same time. :meeting:

Doc Safari
11-27-13, 10:14
I watched the Travis Haley basic carbine video I got from Pork Chop last night.

It's got some really good tips, and the picture and sound quality is really good.

My one caveat is that it comes across like he's "hitting the highlights". I guess that was necessary since the video is only about 2 hours long. I do recommend it though.

Thanks Pork Chop!