PDA

View Full Version : Comp m2

bushy
05-08-08, 12:50
my Comp M2 arrived yesterday I got it mounted it looks awesome will post some pics later, can't wait to sight it in. Does anybody have any suggestions on whether or not to get a 3x magnifier and what ype to get and mounting options...Thanks

Failure2Stop
05-08-08, 12:58
The question is: what do you expect it to do? I don't mean that sarcastically or anything.

I think that the 3X is great, but only because it does what I want it to do:
Provide improved target recognition
Enhance exact placement of dot out to 300 yards
Quick mount/dismount depending on most likely employment distance change

Hoping for anything else is unrealistic.

I really like the LaRue mount (Link (http://stores.homestead.com/Laruetactical/Detail.bok?no=131))- quickly folds the sight away if utilizing magnifier as primary, still quickly attaches/detaches (I don't always want it on the gun, and can swap between guns).

bushy
05-08-08, 13:09
Hell I am not sure what I want it to do...lol I can acquire the red dot pretty quickly with great peripheral vision just like it is and I don't see me using the rifle for any 300 yard shooting to speak of. I didn't know if it was a "Must have" item or something or if there were any decent knock-off magnifiers out there I really don't have 300+ to spend on anything right now.

markm
05-08-08, 13:14
I got it mounted it looks awesome

I'm going to count to 10 before making a reply.

b_saan
05-08-08, 13:28
Hell I am not sure what I want it to do...lol I can acquire the red dot pretty quickly with great peripheral vision just like it is and I don't see me using the rifle for any 300 yard shooting to speak of. I didn't know if it was a "Must have" item or something or if there were any decent knock-off magnifiers out there I really don't have 300+ to spend on anything right now.

If you want some magnification for "fun" then why not pick up the Larue Po Boy special, ie. Larue QD flip mount with a Hensoldt 2.5x magnifier. Just under $200 I believe and from what people say they work pretty well for plinking.

bushy
05-08-08, 14:09
If you want some magnification for "fun" then why not pick up the Larue Po Boy special, ie. Larue QD flip mount with a Hensoldt 2.5x magnifier. Just under $200 I believe and from what people say they work pretty well for plinking.

Yeah I saw that on Larue's site the other day didn't know if anybody had used it or how it worked. It looks like a pretty good mount at any rate.

bushy
05-08-08, 14:10
I'm going to count to 10 before making a reply.

Ok its been more that 1o seconds :confused:

b_saan
05-08-08, 14:27
Yeah I saw that on Larue's site the other day didn't know if anybody had used it or how it worked. It looks like a pretty good mount at any rate.

It's a larue mount so you know that part is good. I haven't used it but the optic should work fine for plinking until you upgrade it someday and then you'll already have the best mount you can get for the upgraded magnifier.

http://hajisplace.blogspot.com/2008/04/la-rue-tactical-po-boy-special-first.html

bushy
05-08-08, 15:05
[QUOTE=b_saan;160841]It's a larue mount so you know that part is good. I haven't used it but the optic should work fine for plinking until you upgrade it someday and then you'll already have the best mount you can get for the upgraded magnifier.

http://hajisplace.blogspot.com/2008/04/la-rue-tactical-po-boy-special-first.html[/QUO

It seems like there will be a heighth difference between the mag and the sight being as I have it on the stock carry handle mount, I guess there is a spacer kit or something I can get to make it all match up.

adawg
05-08-08, 20:03
If you are after looks, go with the Aimpoint or Eotech magnifier, just expect to pay more over the cheaper, and yet effective, poboy.

Bimmer
05-08-08, 20:37
Ok its been more that 1o seconds :confused:

I'm guessing Demigod is a bit impatient with people who are more concerned with how an accessory looks than how it works...

Ben

bushy
05-08-08, 21:18
I'm guessing Demigod is a bit impatient with people who are more concerned with how an accessory looks than how it works...

Ben

I kind of got that drift. It does work wonderully but it is very nice to look at and well crafted don't you think? That is what I meant I think it is great looking.

Failure2Stop
05-09-08, 04:37
Nothing wrong with appreciating the look of an item. Not the most important criteria for sucess, but no reason to dismiss it either. If nobody cared about looks, we would see a lot more pink rifles.

bushy
05-09-08, 06:32
Nothing wrong with appreciating the look of an item. Not the most important criteria for sucess, but no reason to dismiss it either. If nobody cared about looks, we would see a lot more pink rifles.

Amen. I sure wasn't trying to piss anybody off by saying it looked good. I don't get to use mine to defend our country or in law enforecement but I have the highest respect for those of you that do and I understand why somebody that is in the line of fire might get a little raw by hearing somebody talk about looks but all rifles and optics have a beautiful functionality to me I have been around them my whole life. I enjoy shooting and hunting and yep sometimes I get my guns out and clean them and just look at them and think, damn that is pretty.:D

Jay Cunningham
05-09-08, 06:51

That is a true statement. Samurai kept their swords in a place of honor and delighted in slowly revealing the blade temper details to their buddies - but they killed with them as well.

adawg
05-09-08, 10:25
If nobody cared about looks, we would see a lot more pink rifles.

Or purple rifles...oh wait... :D

bushy
05-09-08, 11:34
Here is a link (I think:confused: ) to the picture of my Bushmaster with the Aimpoint comp M2.:cool:

bushy
05-09-08, 11:35
Here is a link (I think:confused: ) to the picture of my Bushmaster with the Aimpoint comp M2.:cool:

Now the link....Can you tell I don't do pictures much:)
http://www.kodakgallery.com/OwnerShareLanding.jsp?collid=33751951413&UV=688197354297_11372951413

Shihan
05-09-08, 13:52
Or purple rifles...oh wait... :D

Those purple rifles in terms of the most important thing "Reliability" will run circles around most of whats on the market.

bushy
05-09-08, 13:57
Those purple rifles in terms of the most important thing "Reliability" will run circles around most of whats on the market.

Ok I give...What are you talking about "Purple" rifle:confused:

Bimmer
05-09-08, 14:00
Amen. I sure wasn't trying to piss anybody off by saying it looked good. I don't get to use mine to defend our country or in law enforecement but I have the highest respect for those of you that do and I understand why somebody that is in the line of fire might get a little raw by hearing somebody talk about looks but all rifles and optics have a beautiful functionality to me I have been around them my whole life. I enjoy shooting and hunting and yep sometimes I get my guns out and clean them and just look at them and think, damn that is pretty.:D

NO apology necessary...

I'm a newbie, but I've already seen several rants from Demigod in other threads (look at the recent one about Olympic Arms!).

I thought it was funny, too, that in your original post you mentioned that you'd just unpacked and only looked at it (no mention of function).

I'm as guilty as anybody of wanting what "looks right." And sometimes I get my guns out of the safe just to look at them — they're pretty!

Ben

bushy
05-09-08, 14:06
Thanks Bimmer I was staring to feel like I was wierd or something for likiing the way my setup looks...BUT the comp M2 does work great I have shot it since the original post...It sure is peeerrrrrrty though.:D

FJB
05-10-08, 06:44
Bushy,
With a Fixed Carry Handle AR like yours you won't be able to mount a 3X magnifier. You will need to purchase a flat top model. However, based on what you say you are going to use your AR for your set up is more than adequate.

To learn more about Aimpoint sights go to www.downrange.tv/show2 and watch all five parts.

S/F

bushy
05-10-08, 07:03
[QUOTE=FJB;161565]Bushy,
With a Fixed Carry Handle AR like yours you won't be able to mount a 3X magnifier. You will need to purchase a flat top model. However, based on what you say you are going to use your AR for your set up is more than adequate.

To learn more about Aimpoint sights go to www.downrange.tv/show2 and watch all five parts.

Thanks FJB that is what I was thinking. It didn't look like it would match up or be in the right position I didn't know if there was a spacer kit or something but no big deal I can use it just like it is or I can get a new upper or swap it out for a flat top later if I absolutely HAVE to have one I guess. Did you look at the link to the picture in a previous message on this thread to Kodak. That is the only way I see to mount the Aimpoint and was hoping that was correct, it shoots straight and it zeroed fine where it is mounted. Thanks for the adivice.

FJB
05-10-08, 07:22
Bushy,
Your set up is fine. I ran my first AR that way for two years until I got a flat top.

S/F