PDA

View Full Version : Texas Gun Trader - anybody use it?

austinN4
11-24-13, 12:38
What is your experience with the site itself - any concerns.

I am trying to sell some things FTF here in Texas and am considering using it. I know I will get the typical lowball and other stupid replies just like craigslist, but mainly I am trying to find out if you have had any problems with the security of the data you have to provide in order to register to list there. Your good experiences are welcome information also.

Thanks, and a happy Thanksgiving to all. Be safe as it looks like it is going to be very cold and wet, at least here in Central Texas.

71Pantera
11-28-13, 08:01
I have sold two things on it and purchased many things from it. No issue to date. Meet in very public places and such.......

Tejasmtb
12-04-13, 00:24
Just recently started using it, kind of a slow board, but so far I have had good experiences with nice people.

HuttoAg96
12-04-13, 01:10
No issues, have bought and sold pistols and a rifle in the Austin area with it. It gets a decent amount of traffic; my sales were at reasonable prices and it didn't take more than a day or two to find a buyer.

filthy phil
12-04-13, 05:27
Ive used it as well. No problems besides the aggravating lowballers or someone offering trades even if you specify no trades.
Also try armslist Houston. Also free.
Also consider texas gun talk

Ready.Fire.Aim
12-04-13, 09:52
I used Texas Gun Talk instead. Bought a Benelli M4 and Remington 1100.

All face to face, cash deals with signed sales contracts, in public places with photos of the sellers and photos of their drivers licenses. These were the upfront terms before we met.

austinN4
12-04-13, 12:19
Thanks for the replies. Being unsure about the security of my data at Trader I have recently started posting on Talk and listed some items for sale as there is no personal data left on the site to worry about the security of (unlike the Obamacare web site ;)).

Unlike here at M4C, however, on Talk there is nothing to stop people from posting and crapping in your EE thread. I really like the way M4C does it with the EE and it reinforces for me that M4C is the hands down best all around forum I belong to.

Tejasmtb
12-04-13, 14:11
I think TexasGunTalk is a better forum personally, but I have had good luck with both.

Validator
03-17-14, 21:39
What is your experience with the site itself - any concerns.

I am trying to sell some things FTF here in Texas and am considering using it. I know I will get the typical lowball and other stupid replies just like craigslist, but mainly I am trying to find out if you have had any problems with the security of the data you have to provide in order to register to list there. Your good experiences are welcome information also.

Thanks, and a happy Thanksgiving to all. Be safe as it looks like it is going to be very cold and wet, at least here in Central Texas.

Site is ok.....use it often. Agree that you will get tons of low ball offers