PDA

View Full Version : New Mossie Tactics LLC Universal Quick Detach Loop (UQDL) Sling Mount

Iraqgunz
11-26-13, 03:41
Mossie Tactics has recently released their new (UQDL) sling mount. I received some of the first prototype sets that were made. Though I have not been able to test them, I do know that there was prior testing done that shows they are very strong.

What makes these cool is that they are truly universal. They can be used with AR's, AK's, shotguns, FAL's, HK's, etc... The UQDL consists of a coated wire loop that has an anti-rotational QD socket. If you want to attach it to the rear of the receiver near the endplate all you need to do is remove the stock, slide it over the tube and replace the stock. You can thread it through the FSB and you can thread it through a stock (like the B5 Bravo or SOPMOD). In this sense it is truly ambidextrous as the sling loop will move the opposite side

I am attaching two pics to get a look at them. In addition to the UQDL there is a sling coming and you can purchase the UQDL with and without the QD swivels and you have the option of purchasing the UQDL with swivels and sling. I think this will be a very economical and versatile sling for those that need one. I am not sure what MSRP will be, but I think they are going to be highly competitive.

Iraqgunz
11-28-13, 02:34
I am kind of intrigued here. Over 400 views and no one has made a comment positive or negative. ???

mark5pt56
11-28-13, 06:50
I think it would allow for one sling to be used on many platforms. Here's one example allowing quick transfer of the sling to which ever one you happen to be using.

VCAS with sewn in QD swivels
Bolt gun with QD sockets, popular on the Manners line of stocks and many others
AR set up with QD points front/rear
AR with standard FSB and rear stock

Eurodriver
11-28-13, 07:21
I think it would allow for one sling to be used on many platforms. Here's one example allowing quick transfer of the sling to which ever one you happen to be using.

VCAS with sewn in QD swivels
Bolt gun with QD sockets, popular on the Manners line of stocks and many others
AR set up with QD points front/rear
AR with standard FSB and rear stock

This, for sure!

For me, it will depend on MSRP. I like the "original" universal wire loop but stopped using it when I switched over to sewn in QD VCASs.

This has great potential.

masakari
11-28-13, 07:28
I am a big fan of Mossie Tactics, and I think this looks like a well executed product. That said, it isn't drastically different from the one Blue Force Gear already makes.
No matter, it definitely has a place, and I'm sure that many people will find it useful.

Duffy
11-28-13, 09:30
This will do well for the SCAR owners, the factory built-in sling loops are reportedly rather weak :)

MOUNT-N-SLOT
11-28-13, 14:19
This will do well for the SCAR owners, the factory built-in sling loops are reportedly rather weak :)

SCAR owners and those with stock AR's like the pics will find these very useful.

FYI: The SCAR loops are GTG; made of steel and integrated into the upper receiver caps, they easily support a 300lb drag test.

MarkG
11-28-13, 17:33
I put hands on a set yesterday. They are well made and while similar to the UWL, they offer a wide range of sling attachment options and retrain QD capabilities.

Iraqgunz
11-28-13, 18:53
The big difference is that it is smaller and the QD socket is anti-rotational.

I am a big fan of Mossie Tactics, and I think this looks like a well executed product. That said, it isn't drastically different from the one Blue Force Gear already makes.
No matter, it definitely has a place, and I'm sure that many people will find it useful.

Stickman
11-28-13, 23:06
Mine just arrived, they look extremely well made, and look like they will do well. I'll get them on some weapons and play around a bit before I have any other comments.