PDA

View Full Version : Cold Steel Safe Maker I

Krull
11-28-13, 20:52
I've always had an interest in the Cold Steel push daggers,got a little cash for Christmas so thought "the hell" and got one:

http://s27.postimg.org/as8lc35mb/DSCN0712.jpg (http://postimage.org/)

I'm very pleased with the nasty little bugger,I can see it having a few good advantages over a folder or regular fixed blade knife such as being easy to carry IWB and the ability to have it in you weak hand and still being able to use/stabilize a handgun.

A wonder one doesn't hear more of the design,guess it's not the flavor of the week for whoever the trainer of the month is....

About the only thing that's bad with the knife is the scabbard it feels like zytel and I've seen ones like it break,it also retains the knife a little too well I've yanked the whole shebang out of my trousers a time or two
nothing a good kydex scabbard can't fix.

I like it and if you can carry one where you live (I can't,but that's in town out in the back country I haul a few things around that are verboten in the books) try it.

Plumber237
11-29-13, 18:11
I bought the micro version of that for my little sister-in-law who started college this fall. It's the one with a blade under 2", it's keychain sized w/a ring on it so I knew she'd actually take it with her, is under any blade length restrictions, and is better than nothing. I was impressed with the little thing, I've got bigger hands so it kinda looked ridiculous in my fist, but I can see where it'd be an effective defensive tool. I'm guessing yours could do that and more, being that it's a decent sized blade. What's the blade length on that? Looks to be about 3 1/2, which would make it a good sized tool.

Krull
11-29-13, 18:31
That's a 4 1/2 inch blade,it's a rather serious hunk of steel to be on the wrong end of.

The main thing about carrying is in a lot of places a double edge knife is the utter devil...yet a similar single edge blade is not which is utterly bass-ackwards.

WV..well here it's double edge and a 3 1/2 inch limit which is bloody nonsense,I still might carry it though.

Plumber237
12-08-13, 23:22
4 1/2" does make that thing a pretty serious defensive tool. Haha good old weapon laws, it's almost like they try to make them as ridiculous as possible, clearly a double edged knife is only for killing babies...yet an 18" machete can only be used for gardening and jungle adventures. Aren't lawmakers so well informed :suicide:

Krull
12-13-13, 21:49
4 1/2" does make that thing a pretty serious defensive tool. Haha good old weapon laws, it's almost like they try to make them as ridiculous as possible, clearly a double edged knife is only for killing babies...yet an 18" machete can only be used for gardening and jungle adventures. Aren't lawmakers so well informed :suicide:

What I don't get about the law is they've given me a permit to walk around with a loaded gun,yet automatic knives,double edge knives,gravity knives,nunchuks et cetera are somehow more dangerous? because there's prohibitions on carrying them even with CCW??

I dunno what brand of crazy the people who wrote those laws were using but it's some good shit.

One thing I love about being able to knife in conjunction with a handgun is if someone/something were to get on top of me or grab me it'd be like getting ahold of a pissed off cat.