PDA

View Full Version : KAC 45 Degree Offset Irons + Riser

Rayrevolver
11-30-13, 15:28
I was caught out by the KAC 45 Degree Offset Irons and MUR-1A Upper non-compatibility. Should have done more research...

So I can buy an MUR-1S and live without a forward assist. Or sell the KACs and buy another type of Offset Irons.

OR - I got a crazy idea to run these under the KACS:
http://www.midwayusa.com/product/313161/yankee-hill-machine-picatinny-style-mini-riser-mount-1-1-4-length-aluminum-matte

Any issue with raising offset irons by .5"?

What is the next best set of offset irons? SF/DD RTS? GGG?

RHINOWSO
11-30-13, 16:47
I used my KACs on my SCAR 17 for awhile and while they worked already, I believe the further you get them away from the barrel the more difficulty you'll have in zeroing them. It was all I could do to get them zeroed at 25 on the SCAR with the larger height above bore compared to the AR. Simply put I ran out of adjustment. While you probably won't with a .5" riser, I think you'd start to see similar issues.

I recently installed them on my Noveske but ran into the same issue as you because with the MUR upper. As I intend it to be a close range only setup, I installed the rear sight forward on the rail, right in front of the receiver and using the large aperture can still get a good sight picture - zeroing at 25 was much easier without using all of the adjustment available.

jaxman7
12-01-13, 13:07
Eventually after Christmas when funds allow I am going to try a set of these. Or maybe just buy a rear. Very curious about them.

http://www.store-diamondhead-usa.com/category_s/54.htm

-Jax

TehLlama
12-01-13, 16:08
I just gave up and run both offset irons off the handguard. Works pretty well for me.

RHINOWSO
12-01-13, 17:19
I just gave up and run both offset irons off the handguard. Works pretty well for me.
Agreed, worked fine for me sighting them in the other day.

Rayrevolver
12-01-13, 19:37
Rhino-Good call about the height over bore. I ran them both installed on a Troy Alpha 11" once. The rear cannot even mount at the furthest rear spot because one of the Troy attachment bolts interferes with it. I zero'd them ok, but my groups doubled in size. I know that is more about my ability than sight radius. I need to man up and practice with the setup more than 10-15 rounds.

Or just another reason to get a Geissele Reaction Rod, MUR-1S, and try my hand at building an upper.

Jax - The Diamondheads look interesting but too complicated and expensive for me.