PDA

View Full Version : Arsenal Inc's new SLR-106

M4arc
09-09-06, 10:35
Hummmmmm...I wonder what this is going to be?

What rifle is Arsenal coming out with? Come on MIG/ETA Forum members, take a guess, and the person who replies with the most correct features will receive one 30 round black waffle mag! That’s right, if your description of the features of the upcoming SLR-106 series rifle comes closest to the actual rifle, you will receive one M-47W mag from us as your prize! You must be a MIG/ETA Forum member to participate. Employees of Arsenal or any MIG/ETA member companies are not eligible. Sorry King Bob of K-VAR, you are not eligible!

We realize that you are anxiously awaiting the arrival of our new stamped rifles, and we are just as anxious to get them out to you, however there will be a slight delay of a few days from our initial target date of mid-September. Arsenal Inc. is committed to bringing you only the best new products and will not rush anything just to get it out on the market. It is just not the way we do things, and we know that you expect nothing but the best rifles from Arsenal. Great things are worth the wait!

We are doing the best that we can to insure that when the rifles do come out, they will be the finest stamped AK rifles, utilizing the latest Arsenal of Bulgaria technology, as well as Arsenal Inc. technology, that are an improvement on current manufacturing techniques. In other words, when they hit the market, it will take enthusiasts by storm and you will hold in your hands, the pinnacle of the stamped receiver variants.

When the Arsenal SLR-106 series rifles come out, we know that you will be very impressed! Yes, because of our previous announcements, and what is currently posted on our website, you were expecting the SLR-107 or SLR-108 series rifles, but we have decided to debut the SLR-106 first. The quality of Arsenal Inc.’s rifles is well known, and you know that you are getting your money’s worth when you purchase one. We assure you that you will not be disappointed.

Please be patient as we work feverishly to perfect the best rifles available to the American firearm enthusiast. The SLR-106 series is coming soon to a gun store near you. Stay tuned!

Milled Receiver Rile Availability

Many of you have called to ask about the availability of our milled receiver rifles, and as we have previously mentioned, there are no more milled receiver rifles being produced, as our manufacturing efforts are focused on the new and soon to be released stamped receiver rifles. When we resume production of milled receiver rifles, they will be very limited in number, and we don’t know which models will be produced. In other words, most of the milled receiver rifles in Arsenal’s previous line-up will never again be produced.

This means that these rifles will only go up in price. As a collector, enthusiast, or investor, it would be a wise move to purchase one while you still can. These collectable rifles are the highest quality milled receiver rifles ever made and their high value is most certainly assured.

Due to many inquiries, and as a favor to our loyal customers and forum members, we have contacted our distributors and dealers to see who has our milled receiver rifles in stock. We did this to assist you, our loyal customers, who want to add to their Arsenal collections, and also as an investment. If you have ever desired to own one of our milled receiver rifles, or wish to add to your existing Arsenal Inc. collection, act now before they are all gone! Quite possibly forever!

The following distributors and dealers have a very limited quantity of our milled rifles in stock:

RSR Group (407) 677-1000

SAS M-7 Ban and No Ban – 7.62x39 Underfolder with stamped struts, black polymer furniture.

SA RPK-7R - 7.62x39 Heavy barrel RPK with blonde wood stock, bipod and side rail for scope.

Lew Horton Distributing Co (508) 366-7400

SA M-7 Carbine No Ban - 7.62x39 with black polymer <?xml:namespace prefix = st1 ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:smarttags" />Warsaw pact length butt stock.

SA M-7A1 - 7.62x39 with black polymer NATO length butt stock, and 24mm threaded flash hider.

SA M-7A1R - 7.62x39 with black polymer NATO length butt stock, and 24mm threaded flash hider and side rail for scope.

SAS M-7 Classic – 7.62x39 Underfolder with early-style milled struts, blonde wood furniture.

SAS M-7A1 - 7.62x39 with black polymer NATO length butt stock, and 24mm threaded flash hider.

SA M-7 Carbine - 7.62x39 with black polymer Warsaw pact length butt stock.

SA RPK5R - 62x39 Heavy barrel RPK with blonde wood stock, bipod and side rail for scope.

Citadel Gun & Safe (702) 221-4867

SA M-5 - 5.56x45 Windage adjustable rear sight with fixed stock polymer furniture

SA RPK-7R - 7.62x39 Heavy barrel RPK with blonde wood stock, bipod and side rail for scope.

SAS M-7 Classic - 7.62x39 Underfolder with early-style milled struts, blonde wood furniture.

SAS M-7 Carbine - 7.62x39 with black polymer Warsaw pact length butt stock.

SA M-7 SF - 7.62x39 with black polymer furniture, right side folding tubular metal butt stock, 24mm threaded flash hider, ambidextrous safety and side rail for scope.

SA M-7SFC- 7.62x39 with black polymer furniture, right side folding tubular metal butt stock, 24mm threaded barrel nut, front sight/gas block combo, ambidextrous safety and side rail for scope.

DeGoff’s (804) 746-0273

SLR-105A1 – 5.45x39.5 Not milled receiver, but discontinued. 24mm threaded compensator.

SAS M-7 Classic - 7.62x39 Underfolder with early-style milled struts, blonde wood furniture.

SA M-7 A1R - 7.62x39 with black polymer NATO length butt stock, and 24mm threaded flash hider and side rail for scope.

Jensen Arms (970) 663-5994

Please call them for what they have in stock

gcpd19
09-09-06, 12:57
Probably not what everyone wants....A STAMPTED 5.56...

olds442tyguy
09-09-06, 20:10
What ever happened with the rumor they were going to start building Krinkovs?

M4arc
09-09-06, 20:18

I haven't heard that one but if it is indeed a stamped 5.56 I'll be on it like stink on a monkey :D

Jay Cunningham
09-09-06, 21:51

My prediction for the SLR-106 is that it will be a stamped 7.62x39mm Krinkov - could be either side or underfolding.

Kyrinn
09-09-06, 22:01
I haven't heard that one but if it is indeed a stamped 5.56 I'll be on it like stink on a monkey :D
Me, too.

A beautifully built AK-action 5.56x45.
> tingling w. excitement <

TOrrock
09-14-06, 20:22
Arsenal is now saying that the new 106 won't be in 7.62x39mm or 5.45x39mm.....

Looks like we're getting a stamped 5.56x45mm AK from them.....:D

M4arc
09-14-06, 20:41

Son of a...

Oh well, better dig the credit card out of the wallet. :D

shooter521
09-14-06, 20:42

Only remaining questions are "fixed or folder?" and "how much?" :D

Unless they pull that "special edition, only 40 made, $1400" crap that they did with some of their 7.62 models, I'll probably have to get one. I'd love to see them in the ~$600 range. Much more than that, and you're in Saiga conversion or ground-up build territory. One of the advantages to the stamped receiver is supposed to be economy; a SA-M5'ish pricetag would be a deal killer for me.

RyanS
09-14-06, 21:24

Oh yeah.....

recon
09-14-06, 21:50
Finally a 5.56 AK! Now just don't make it too out of price! Less than a $1,000!

Bulldog1967
09-14-06, 22:11
Nice, any ideas of roll out on this puppy?

mark5pt56
09-14-06, 22:37
Son of a...

Oh well, better dig the credit card out of the wallet. :D

How much is the Mutt now buddy boy!

recon
09-18-06, 22:22
Arsenal's AK-47-5.56

http://k-varcorp.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3795

The features of our new SLR-106FR are as follows:

• 24mm front sight base with the standard SLR-105 style muzzle brake with bayonet lug.
• 90 degree gas chamber with standard accessory lug.
• Lower handguard with stainless steel heat shield.
• Scope rail is standard on the SLR-106FR model. No scope rail on the SLR-106F.
• Solid left side folding buttstock with a cut-out for the scope rail.

recon
09-19-06, 22:21
This is from Atlantic Firearms-
We got a confimation on the rifle being a side folder and probably selling for around $ 799 -$825 range for the unit with a scope rail .

TigerStripe
09-20-06, 01:38
Arsenal's AK-47-5.56

http://k-varcorp.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3795

The features of our new SLR-106FR are as follows:

• Lower handguard with stainless steel heat shield.

??? :confused:

TS

shooter521
09-21-06, 09:01
??? :confused:

The SLR-106 will incorporate K-VAR's standard polymer lower HG, with their new polished stainless heat shield inside. This is an "upgrade" from the OEM style heat shield (also steel) and K-VAR claims it improves heat dissipation.

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16817&cat=296&page=2

recon
09-21-06, 18:59
http://www.arsenalinc.com/slr106fr.htm

http://www.arsenalinc.com/slr106f.htm

TigerStripe
09-22-06, 00:34
I might have to get one of these depending on the MSRP.

TS

TOrrock
09-22-06, 07:39
The rifle looks damn good.

It's a clone of the Russian AK-101 in 5.56mm.

Jay Cunningham
09-22-06, 07:48
I might have to get one of these depending on the MSRP.

TS

SLR-106F $775.00 MSRP
SLR-106FR $849.00 MSRP

Some might call it a bit spendy, but I must admit that this configuration looks like a winner to me.

http://www.arsenalinc.com/images/forum/SLR-106FR.jpg

TOrrock
09-22-06, 18:05
http://k-varcorp.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=3848

While it's not "cheap".....getting those things built by Arsenal Bulgaria, then importing them, then rebuilding/unbanning them here in the US is not cheap or easy, especially the machine work to get the folding stock installed.

Great looking rifle, an "available and affordable" AK-101 clone!

VA_Dinger
09-22-06, 20:48
Damn, that is sweet.

Has DeGoff's started a waiting list yet?

TOrrock
09-23-06, 00:05
Damn, that is sweet.

Has GeDoff's started a waiting list yet?

Give 'em a call and have your name put down.

I need to talk to them myself......there may be a possiblity of a group buy with DeGoff's handling it.

Again, I need to talk to them first, and it's only just talking right now....no promises.

sdcromer
09-23-06, 10:12
Mmmmmmmmmmm...............Group buy :p

VA_Dinger
09-23-06, 20:55
Give 'em a call and have your name put down.

I need to talk to them myself......there may be a possiblity of a group buy with DeGoff's handling it.

Again, I need to talk to them first, and it's only just talking right now....no promises.

10-4, I will call them Monday.

FYI- I like the group buy idea.

Bulldog1967
09-23-06, 21:18
10-4, I will call them Monday.

FYI- I like the group buy idea.

PERK! I'm in! :D

TigerStripe
09-24-06, 00:32
I may or may not be in, but let me know...

TS

TOrrock
09-26-06, 18:06
Ok....having talked to the parties involved.....there will not be a group buy through DeGoff's, they will have the rifles however.

Margins just aren't there on this thing.

Sorry guys.

VA_Dinger
09-26-06, 21:34
Ok....having talked to the parties involved.....there will not be a group buy through DeGoff's, they will have the rifles however.

Margins just aren't there on this thing.

Sorry guys.

10-4, I would assume there is little to gain in a group buy from a shop’s perspective anyway. They know these will sell no matter what so why go through the hassle?

M4arc
09-26-06, 21:55
Mmmmmmmmmmm...............Group buy :p

Hey sdcromer, I don't mean to get off topic but what is the meaning of your avatar? I see the stickers every where.

TigerStripe
09-27-06, 02:36
Hey sdcromer, I don't mean to get off topic but what is the meaning of your avatar? I see the stickers every where.

It's a South Carolina flag.

TS

sdcromer
09-27-06, 18:44
It's a South Carolina flag.

TS

http://www.50states.com/flag/image/nunst066.gif

http://www.50states.com/flag/scflag.htm

TigerStripe
09-27-06, 18:53
SLR-106F $775.00 MSRP
SLR-106FR $849.00 MSRP

Some might call it a bit spendy, but I must admit that this configuration looks like a winner to me.

http://www.arsenalinc.com/images/forum/SLR-106FR.jpg

It's not the value of the gun, it's my lack of funds determining if I can buy one.

TS

VA_Dinger
10-04-06, 18:19
I'm told these are going to be arriving at dealers in the next few days.

So who is going to be the first to post pictures of their personal SLR-106?

Sadly, it won't be me. I still need to call and reserve one.

TOrrock
10-04-06, 19:50
http://www.akforum.net/phpBB2/viewtopic.php?t=10098

They're lookin' damn good. :D

mark5pt56
10-04-06, 20:36
Dinger, as of yesterday Marie said no one has claimed the one she has coming in-----------------

VA_Dinger
10-05-06, 08:21
Dinger, as of yesterday Marie said no one has claimed the one she has coming in-----------------

10-4, I will give her a call but I'm not really ready yet myself. I still have to get my SLR-105 squared away.

As much as I want one, I’ve just got too much going on right now.

I do hope to buy one before the VT AK class though.

M4arc
10-05-06, 22:21
http://www.50states.com/flag/image/nunst066.gif

http://www.50states.com/flag/scflag.htm

I feel like an idiot. I was born in the fine state of South Carolina and I didn't even know what the state flag looked like. I'm ashamed of myself :(

TigerStripe
10-06-06, 02:01
I really really want one... :(

TS

VA_Dinger
10-06-06, 19:24
How is the availablity of mags for the SLR-106?

TOrrock
10-06-06, 20:29
30 rd. black:

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16138&cat=248&page=2

30 rd. clear smoke:

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16709&cat=248&page=3

20 rd. clear smoke:

http://www.k-var.com/shop/product.php?productid=16773&cat=248&page=3

Bulldog1967
10-06-06, 23:59
Got mine today from Bernie and the guys at VA Arms! Bought several black mags too...they seemed to fit better than the clear ones.

Can't wait to break it in! :D

Heavy Metal
10-07-06, 10:46
DeGoff's called and awoke me from my slumber this AM. Guess what is on its way to my Dealer?

TOrrock
10-07-06, 11:21
DeGoff's called and awoke me from my slumber this AM. Guess what is on its way to my Dealer?

I stopped by to visit yesterday and played with a couple of them.....

You're going to be VERY happy man!

VA_Dinger
10-07-06, 23:34
:confused:

I called DeGoff's during lunch today to reserve a SLR-106FR. I was told they are a special order only item. They have three on order and all three were spoken for.

Ross
10-08-06, 04:27
I went down to the Armory and looked at the SLR-106 folder they have there.

I'll be suprised if it lasts the weekend.

I'll be suprised if I can resist buying it. I don't have the money to really use, but after looking at that rifle it was kinda like the "only AK you'd ever need" kinda thing.

I checked out the box's contents and it comes with a simple AK web sling, muzzle brake, cleaning stuff and a 10rd mag. The only thing holding me back, aside from being broke, is that I'd have to buy a bunch of different mags for it.

The one at the Armory is a folder, and it's oddly has that quality feel you get with some rifles when you hold it. Yeah, it's still kinda feels like pressed beer cans, but you can tell they're factory fresh, steel beer cans. It had a "factory built" feel you just don't get with the home-builts/Century guns that I've held.

I have a bunch of AK's. A Maddi, two Hungarian SA-85M's, a couple Rommy 74's and a Bulgy kit/receiver waiting for time to build it. I had a .223 Mak-90 at one time, and to tell you the truth that one got the most range time. It was far easier logistically to just deal with one caliber(5.56mm) when going to shoots, the range, purchasing ammo, etc.

The only thing that's stopped me from buying it on the spot was being broke. Yeah, I have the dough in the bank, but I simply have too many guns to shoot now, and I need to start selling some of these things. I've been trying to talk myself into and out of buying it all day long;)

I'd definately say after handling one that they are worth the money on the sticker. I just bought the Maddi for $350 at the Hampton show, and it will only cost $40 or so for enough US parts to convert it, since I have some others laying around, so I'm still under $400 for basically a factory 7.62mm unit, but I wouldn't hesitate to spend the extra money to get the SLR-106.

It's now on my short list no matter what.

M4arc
10-08-06, 06:52
Ross - Was it a railed model? I was over that way on Friday but intentionally didn't stop by the shop for fear that I would guy it!

Ross
10-08-06, 07:24
By "railed" I assume you mean scope rail and not accesory rail?

Yes, it had the scope rail on the side. The folding stock had the nifty indentation to clear it while it's in the folded position. The model number was SLR-106FR, which I assume means "folder, rail" or the like.

The mag that's in the box is small and steel, like 5rd or 10rd. I didn't see a bayonet with the stuff in the box, but it's not like a Bulgy bayo is hard to get if you want one. They didn't have the brake on the gun itself at the time, which is why I looked in the box. The brake was definately in there, and of the '74 type, just like the pics show.

When you see it, it's going to be hard to resist. I've been talking myself in and out of it the whole time. If it wasn't for having to buy all new mags, I'd have walked out with it then. I already have a bunch of .223's and they all take M16 mags, so it's hard to justify buying it. I'm trying like heck to come up with some reason though!!:D

DrewH
10-08-06, 13:17
I fondled one they had at Virginia Arms this Saturday. Very nice, the finish was pretty nice on that example, the folder clicked smoothly in and out and locked up tightly, and the trigger was quite decent. I have several of the magazines already, but I just can't make financial sense of it. My roof needs repairs, I just bought a G17, and have a 6933 on the way and my credit card is screaming :) Also, it was 880, and while I am not one to complain about prices, I suspect you will find them somewhat cheaper if you wait for the initial frenzy to die down.

I have decided to get out the 7.62x39 game...after recently firing my SAM-7SF I realised that even the relatively stout Galil style folder made for a bone rattling, not so pleasant shooting experience. So it is also at Virginia Arms. So VA_Dinger, if you are in the northern Virginia area they are both there as of Saturday's closing :)

My next AK will therefor be .223, but the SIG 55X series is an AK style action, right? If they do come out with a folder version I will take a hard look at that. Anybody hear anything new about the 556?

VA_Dinger
10-11-06, 14:16
I went ahead and ordered a SLR-106FR from Jensen Arms today. They said they were due in Wednesday or Thursday next week.

I stopped by the Armory in VA. Beach to check out/handle/buy the one they had in stock this morning, but it was long gone. DeGoff's told me last week that all three they were going to order were sold/pre-sold.

Akoni
10-13-06, 13:09
What are the going/street prices on these? Also, does anyone know what the length of pull is? The Arsenal USA's NATO versions are too long...usually not a big deal but on this folder style it may be difficult to change the stock.

TOrrock
10-13-06, 16:50
What are the going/street prices on these? Also, does anyone know what the length of pull is? The Arsenal USA's NATO versions are too long...usually not a big deal but on this folder style it may be difficult to change the stock.

SLR-106F $775.00 MSRP
SLR-106FR $849.00 MSRP

Length of pull is the standard "Warsaw Pact", not the 1.5" longer "NATO".

trio
10-13-06, 20:07
yep, the one at VA Arms was so nice I bought it.... :D

themadhatter
10-14-06, 10:14
yep, the one at VA Arms was so nice I bought it.... :Dnow i know where the 3 went.. bulldog1967 you and me:D

DrewH
10-14-06, 12:10
I don't know whether to curse you guys or thank you :) That one I looked at seemd a very nice example, congrats.

Akoni
10-14-06, 16:10
SLR-106F $775.00 MSRP
SLR-106FR $849.00 MSRP

Length of pull is the standard "Warsaw Pact", not the 1.5" longer "NATO".

Do you know of any dealers with an FR model that is willing to ship?

TOrrock
10-14-06, 18:46

Might want to try Jensen Arms, or have your dealer contact Lew Horton or RSR.

VA_Dinger
10-15-06, 20:00

Like Templar suggested Jensen Arms has them coming in this week.

I payed $819 for mine.

TigerStripe
10-16-06, 01:32
I held one Saturday at the HGCA Reliant Arena gunshow in Houston. I liked it and I'd love to have one. But I'm short on funds. :(

TS

ETA: It sold within thirty minutes of the show opening.

Akoni
10-16-06, 13:47
Like Templar suggested Jensen Arms has them coming in this week.

I payed $819 for mine.

Do you have contact info for Jensen?

Bulldog1967
10-16-06, 23:26
now i know where the 3 went.. bulldog1967 you and me:D

Yeah, but you guys probably broke yours in already, I haven't had a chance with the hectic work schedule....:mad:

Heavy Metal
10-18-06, 22:14
One of DeGoff's is in my hands.

VA_Dinger
10-19-06, 12:12
Do you have contact info for Jensen?

1-970-663-5994

They apparently got more than thirty 106's in stock yesterday.

trio
10-19-06, 14:56
no luck for me yet either bulldog :( ive been driving around with that and my new RRA AR in my truck, but I crap keeps coming up, so I still havent been...

recon
10-24-06, 22:11
http://www.jensenarms.com/rifles_frameset.htm

Lumpy196
10-28-06, 18:49
I Want One!

Bulldog1967
10-29-06, 09:01
I Want One!

Lumpy's here!

woohoo! :D

VA_Dinger
11-19-06, 14:00
I finally got to pick mine up on Saturday.

I will have to say the SLR-106FR is a very impressive AK. I cannot wait to go sight it in next week.