PDA

View Full Version : Just got off the phone with Greg Kramer

TOrrock
05-09-08, 11:51
....and I'm reminded that there are still some true gentlemen in the industry.

I've used his horsehide rigs in the past and found them to be superlative. I just picked up a pre-"B" CZ-75 and needed a holster for it. These older pistols have a round trigger guard vs. the newer models with the squared guard.

He's going to make a vertical scabbard for me, and I don't mind waiting for a true craftsman.

I understand that kydex is the future, but I still love a well crafted leather holster, particuarly for a classic handgun.

Also couldn't resist picking up a IWB #3 for a SIG while I was at it.

I find leather to move with me better than kydex, it's more comfortable for me, and I guess I'm just attaining crotchety old man status early. :D

markm
05-09-08, 12:01
I guess I'm just attaining crotchety old man status early. :D

When you start touting the 1911 as a superior carry choice over Glock/sig, etc... you'll be completely there!!

TOrrock
05-09-08, 12:02
When you start touting the 1911 as a superior carry choice over Glock/sig, etc... you'll be completely there!!

Eh....I've carried more than a few 1911's so I'm more than halfway there I guess. ;)

Lumpy196
05-09-08, 15:33
How odd, I have a 1911 on my hip in a Kramer Belt Scabbard as I type. Kramer and Sparks are the only holster makers I turn to when it comes to "once-living" materials, horsehide being optimal.

And crotchety old men argue that irons are better than Aimpoints :p

markm
05-10-08, 10:10
irons are better than Aimpoints

Can I quote you on that in a sig line? :p

Ray T
05-10-08, 17:31
I have been using Kramer holsters since the 90s. As well as Mitch Rosen rigs. Till this day, the horse hide holsters that I use everyday are still snug and secure. I use them for my classic pistols (1911, CZ75, Hi-Power, revolvers, and plastic guns).

They do outlast many production holsters that I have used in the past. :D

kihnspiracy
05-10-08, 18:36
I have a Kramer horsehide IWB that I have been using since the mid 90's. I highly recommend his gear.

Rinspeed
05-11-08, 19:19
I hate plastic holsters myself.

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y29/Rinspeed/DCP02973.jpg

coltm4223
05-11-08, 22:48
I'm still using the same Kramer IWB #2 horsehide and belt for my issued SIG P-220 that I purchased when I began in Fed LE.

one
05-12-08, 00:34
Kramer is also pretty much number 1 with me outside of Blade tech.

Mitch Rosen can downtalk Horsehide all he wants. But I've got multiple Kramer holsters of this material and they've all held up far better than anything except kydex. I saw Rosen's name mentioned above and reminded me of that. He does seem to produce quality work as well from what I've seen.

DM-SC
05-12-08, 11:48
I hate plastic holsters myself.

Though I don't hate "plastic" holsters, I do prefer good leather! :cool:

I'm a Lou Alessi and Milt Sparks fan! :D

DM-SC
05-12-08, 11:49
And crotchety old men argue that irons are better than Aimpoints :p

Irons ARE better...when the Aimpoint's batteries die! :D

TOrrock
05-12-08, 13:41
I just received my #3 IWB for a non railed SIG 226, and am very pleased, no suprise there. Extremely comfortable and concealable.

I have a few Rosen pancakes, and they're fine holsters as well, but I'm going to be sticking with horsehide from now on.

Lumpy196
05-12-08, 16:21
Irons ARE better...when the Aimpoint's batteries die! :D

Exactly the reason I only have a bicycle and two tin cans and a rope.

I don't trust cars or cell phones.

one
05-12-08, 17:59
Yeah. Seriously I fear technology so much I'm hardly even using a computer to type this, I'm writing it directly onto the screen.

JonInWA
05-12-08, 18:09
I've known Greg and his wife since they operated out of their Geiger Street home in Tacoma in the 1990's. He's a true gentleman, and they're great people, with a superior product. For automatics, I'm also a big fan of their #3 IWB-it's a comfortable, stable, and long-lasting rig. We're blessed in the Tacoma area to have two great holstermakers, Kramer and Blade-Tech.

Best, Jon

SGB
05-12-08, 18:16
Just say YES to Kramer's Vertical Scabbard and Sparks VMII in horsehide :D

Abraxas
05-12-08, 18:50
What is this crotchety old man stuff, I am still in my twenties and my favorite carry set up is a 1911 in a VMII !! I love leather for concealed rigs!!!:D

DM-SC
05-13-08, 11:55
What is this crotchety old man stuff, I am still in my twenties and my favorite carry set up is a 1911 in a VMII !! I love leather for concealed rigs!!!:D

You're just an early bloomer! :D

DM-SC
05-13-08, 11:59
Exactly the reason I only have a bicycle and two tin cans and a rope.

I don't trust cars or cell phones.

I have 3 bicycles that have all broken at one time or other. "Tin" cans (where'd you find those?) get squashed too easy and the freakin' strings keep rotting...

Heck, I can't even trust my own two feet or my own voice to work all the time...:p