PDA

View Full Version : Surefire P2X Fury Defender Review

tacoops
12-01-13, 15:28
I have been carrying the Surefire P2X Fury Defender for about two months now and I thought I'd share my opinions on it as an EDC light. First off if you are going to pocket carry this light the clip that is available from Raven Concealment is a must have. I pocket carried it for about a month without it and let's just say it looked like I was happy to see you. With the clip it rides nicely in the pocket and unless your the tight pants type of guy it is hardly noticeable. The construction is top notch and it handles well, the strike bezel is very aggressive and if you used it to strike someone I'm sure it would leave a nasty gash. It is operated by a bush button on the tail cap, press in slightly for momentary and press until it clicks for continuous light. Is it bright? 500 lumens of blinding light bright. I bought this light because I have to do a weekly check of a pretty much empty warehouse in a bad part of town and it will light up the dark corners from across the whole warehouse. I also did a test on myself and if this light is shined into your eyes you will have a orb floating in your vision for a while. Now with that said the brightness is also the cause of the only downside to this light that I have found so far, it eats up batteries like crazy. Now I'm sure if I didn't play with it as much they would last longer but I am on my third set of batteries in two months. I haven't ran them completely dead but once they start to go the intensity of the light goes way down. So if you get one of these lights make sure you buy your batteries in bulk, you can get a dozen for about $20 dollars. If it had a high and low output it would be a plus but I also think that fumbling through functions would defeat the purpose of this flashlight which is to be a tool used for defense. So in order to save money I will also be carrying my Streamlight Stylus Pro for task that don't require a blinding 500 lumens.

Over all I would give it a 4.5 out of 5. The only gripe being the battery drain.