PDA

View Full Version : Smoking Gas tube

shane_eld
12-01-13, 21:40
Hey guys I have a question. I notice when shooting my mid length bcm bfh ar-15 the gas tube smokes when it gets hot. I never lube the gas tube either so I dont know whats burning off everytime I shoot. Anybody know why it does that or does it matter. It has no issues and runs flawlessly. Just curious why I get smoke streaming up from my moe handguard after some heat. Thanks.

SilverBullet432
12-02-13, 01:04
potential gas leak maybe.?

Clint
12-02-13, 06:00
That smoke is to remind you that you're having fun.

Archer1440
12-02-13, 10:14
You sure it's from the gas tube and not from the black paint on the MOE inner shield?

Airhasz
12-02-13, 10:21
Sounds like a new gun with oils used in manufacturing burning off.

shane_eld
12-02-13, 20:22
It has about 3000 rounds through it so its still new to me but not brand new. I think its normal though. You guys will soon learn that I tend to worry about my weapons a lot when I should just be having fun with them and I apologize for that. I just cherish these damn things so much..but I do shoot the shit outta em'

Airhasz
12-02-13, 20:49
All good, rock on.

shane_eld
12-02-13, 22:31
Airhasz what kind of ar do you have. Or what is your favorite one?

ALCOAR
12-02-13, 23:43
That smoke is to remind you that you're having fun.

In all seriousness, every time I get a rifle's gas tube hot enough to start cooking off, I know I'm having a good time.

fixit69
12-02-13, 23:54
How much lube are you using, and where?

I agree if you are smoking the gas tube and there is no gas leakage, you are where you should be. Having fun. Make sure these rounds find point of aim and rock on.

houdini23
12-03-13, 07:26
Perhaps over oiling after cleaning and oil running up into the gas system based in how the rifle is stored? I got a lot of oil in BCG one time and could barely stand to shoot it until cleaned out.

jaxman7
12-03-13, 08:18
Preach it Trident.

-Jax

Airhasz
12-03-13, 10:31
Colt M4A1 and an Aero Lower that needs a complete upper one day. I like all the excepted brands on the site.

Airhasz what kind of ar do you have. Or what is your favorite one?

ALCOAR
12-03-13, 11:08
Preach it Trident.

-Jax

I'm a bit shy when it comes to posting my vids, as I try not to spam M4C threads w/ my ghetto productions....so I ended up removing a video I posted in my first reply above.

Since Jax weighed in now, I better post up that video depicting a white hot smoking gas tube equaling fun over failure :)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HL0rtWcZ8Hw

Airhasz
12-03-13, 12:34
Sweet vid, glad you decided to post it!

ALCOAR
12-03-13, 13:24
Thanks for watching, and leaving a little positive feedback on it brother. Occasionally a blind squirrel finds a nut, and that's my number one motto for taking pics, and videos :)

shane_eld
12-03-13, 20:02
No problem. That is a cool video man. I like the tracers and you are a great shot. Keep it up.

JS-Maine
12-03-13, 20:37
Thanks for watching, and leaving a little positive feedback on it brother. Occasionally a blind squirrel finds a nut, and that's my number one motto for taking pics, and videos :)

I checked out your channel after watching that one. Good stuff. I especially liked the water ricochets and watching the tracers spiral off. Good to see a little something unique and interesting. I subbed so you better keep on filming!