PDA

View Full Version : B5 SOPMOD stock issue. Or not?

suge
12-01-13, 23:17
I have a B5 SOPMOD stock and have attached a 2 point sling to it via a Rainier Arms QD sling swivel. The sling attaches to the the hand guard (Magpul MOE) via a Fortis QD socket (also R.A swivel). During recent training (the first hard with the sling-socket-stock setup) the sling broke away from the stock. That is, the QD swivel broke free of the socket. As in detached. I re-attached it and then pulled hard. It broke free again. I then reversed the sling so that the other QD point was used. The same result. The front attachment is fine, which leads me to believe that the socket in the stock is the issue. Has anyone had a similar problem? Am I missing something? I have not contacted B5 yet as I want to see if there is something on my end that I am potentially doing wrong.

Iraqgunz
12-01-13, 23:20
I had the same issue and discovered it was the sling attachment and not the stock.

I have a B5 SOPMOD stock and have attached a 2 point sling to it via a Rainier Arms QD sling swivel. The sling attaches to the the hand guard (Magpul MOE) via a Fortis QD socket (also R.A swivel). During recent training (the first hard with the sling-socket-stock setup) the sling broke away from the stock. That is, the QD swivel broke free of the socket. As in detached. I re-attached it and then pulled hard. It broke free again. I then reversed the sling so that the other QD point was used. The same result. The front attachment is fine, which leads me to believe that the socket in the stock is the issue. Has anyone had a similar problem? Am I missing something? I have not contacted B5 yet as I want to see if there is something on my end that I am potentially doing wrong.

suge
12-01-13, 23:28
The swivel was the most likely culprit, but the two are the same Rainier Arms models. Either one will rip out of the stock, while both stay locked in on the Fortis handguard socket.

pingdork
12-01-13, 23:45
I had the same issue with a earlier b5 stock. I took it back to the store I got it from, showed them the problem. We tried several QD swivels, all with same result. They swapped the stock for me and new one was fine.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)