PDA

View Full Version : LMT,Noveske, DD,VLTOR,TROY..Help

ddroster
05-09-08, 14:32
I need your opinions on 16in uppers.

I like the Troy 16" CQB SPC A4 with 13.5 handguards and the Troy BUIS'

I would like to put it on a LMT lower. What do you guys think, is Troy's quality good for the price?

Thanks

Paulinski
05-09-08, 14:37
Troy makes excellent handguards. That being said I prefer Daniel Defense and LaRue.

ddroster
05-09-08, 14:43
Thanks.

I never thought deciding on the parts would require so much research

C4IGrant
05-09-08, 15:04
I need your opinions on 16in uppers.

I like the Troy 16" CQB SPC A4 with 13.5 handguards and the Troy BUIS'

I would like to put it on a LMT lower. What do you guys think, is Troy's quality good for the price?

Thanks

I do not like the Troy Rails in long lengths as they are really heavy.

C4

Warrior
05-09-08, 16:04
I always try to go as light as possible. FF rails especially because they add weight to the front of the rifle causing unbalance. This is somthing i've been taking into consideration for a long time as I always see guys who have the most "tacticool" rifles not think about it and end up with, not only a heavier than nessasary rifle but a front heavy rifle which makes it worse. For My uses I like as light and balanced as possible so if thats what your looking for I suggest a DD lite rail. Even a couple of extra ounces up there is a noticeable difference IMO. ofcourse this is just my opinion and what works best for me, YMMV

ddroster
05-09-08, 22:42
Thanks Guys! Keep the knowledge flowing.

Now, what do you all recommend for a lower and where do I get it?

Cold Zero
05-09-08, 23:07
While I have and feel that the Troy 7.0 is a fine rail, you will be better served with either the D.D. or the LaRue, due to weight issues. MHO.

C4IGrant
05-10-08, 08:39
Thanks Guys! Keep the knowledge flowing.

Now, what do you all recommend for a lower and where do I get it?

Lowers are all pretty much equal (for the most part). What matter is the internals inside. The best deal going right now is the LMT Shot Show Special Lower (L7E2). We have them for $100 off their retail price to M4C members!

C4

http://www.gandrtactical.com/images/archive/LMT/L7E2.jpg

ddroster
05-10-08, 08:57
Grant
Thanks for the input. I will be purchasing my LMT lower from you this week. One quick question. I would like the Magpul CRT stock on this lower. Which version should I order, the commercial or Military?

Semper Fi

C4IGrant
05-10-08, 08:59
Grant
Thanks for the input. I will be purchasing my LMT lower from you this week. One quick question. I would like the Magpul CRT stock on this lower. Which version should I order, the commercial or Military?

Semper Fi

Military.

IMHO, I would not change the SOPMOD out for the CTR.

C4

Guilty
05-11-08, 15:38
Lowers are all pretty much equal (for the most part). What matter is the internals inside. The best deal going right now is the LMT Shot Show Special Lower (L7E2). We have them for $100 off their retail price to M4C members!

C4

Grant,

Are you going to be offering this special for a few more weeks? I am very interested, but my cc has been getting to much exercise this past month. I could mail a check if that is an option.

s2r
05-11-08, 22:26

C4

How long will this deal be going?

C4IGrant
05-12-08, 16:22
How long will this deal be going?

The special prices will most like last for another week or so.

C4

Guilty
05-12-08, 17:47
Grant, I am looking to get 1 or 2 of the L7E2 lower kits. I just sent a pm to discuss details.

Furious
05-19-08, 14:46
VLTOR all the way! The VLTOR CASV is light weight , floating , handles heat great and cost about $270
This one is mine and I love it!
http://i139.photobucket.com/albums/q295/Stylensky/SBRwithACOG002.jpg

gishooter
05-22-08, 19:00
If you are loaded go with Noveske, John is great and there rifles can be beat, plus they give a great mil/le discount.