PDA

View Full Version : Glock 30SF

cathellsk
05-09-08, 14:45
Anyone have one of these yet? I've had a couple G30s in the past but after handling this new G30SF the other day I fell in love with it. I also find myself without a .45 currently (I know, pitiful!:))
I have the choice between the standard sights and the Glock brand night sights for not much more. I usually swap sights out for Trijicons or Ameriglo Operators, but find myself wanting to just try out the standard Glock night sights for once. What do you guys think of them? I know they are Meprolight tubes in Glocks sight body.
I'm also going to add the smooth trigger from a G21. I have well over 1k rounds of .45 that I got on sale at Walmart last year when I owned my last .45 so I'll have plenty of rounds to help smooth it out.
It'll feel good to be shooting something else other than .38Spl. and 9mm again, its been awhile.

cathellsk
05-12-08, 11:41
Any opinions at all....?

HoBoBum
05-15-08, 14:38
soundz good, but you go shoot it and tell me......thanks

Gutshot John
05-15-08, 14:39
FWIW I didn't like the 21SF, sold it almost immediately. The grip really isn't that much better than the standard 21 so I doubt I'm going to try the 30SF.

Glock is my favorite handgun...but only in 9mm.

cathellsk
05-15-08, 21:48
Well, I did get it. Just like the 21SF, there is a difference in the grip but its really hardly noticeable. Its still "fat" of course, but then my favorite model is still the G19 so I'm comparing it to that.

I put alittle over 200rds. downrange yesterday. Not a single problem and very accurate. Once I put some more rounds through it and feel more comfortable with it then I'll start carrying it. I wish I could say more about it, but being a Glock the range report is pretty boring. :)

One thing I HAVE to do still is change out the serrated trigger for a smooth one from a G21. I do this mod in my G19s and enjoy shooting them more for this reason.

Sam
05-16-08, 07:17
Hi:
I'm trying to order a holster for a friend who is planning to get a 30SF. He wants me a Blade Tech and they list two options for the Glock 30, one with rail and one without rail. The pictures of the 30SF I've seen, they all have the light rail. Is that correct? Beside the grip, is the SF the same as the regular 30 in dimensions? i.e the same trigger guard, slide length, width. Thanks.

Robb Jensen
05-16-08, 07:25
Hi:
I'm trying to order a holster for a friend who is planning to get a 30SF. He wants me a Blade Tech and they list two options for the Glock 30, one with rail and one without rail. The pictures of the 30SF I've seen, they all have the light rail. Is that correct? Beside the grip, is the SF the same as the regular 30 in dimensions? i.e the same trigger guard, slide length, width. Thanks.

All the 30SF have the rail so that would be the holster to get. The frame is contoured differently where the web of you hand would go. All the parts are the same except for the connector housing (which is tapered, same as the 21SF).

Sam
05-16-08, 08:09
Thank you sir.