PDA

View Full Version : Fighting Man Comparison: Kurd vs Iraqi

KYPD
05-09-08, 16:00
Gentlemen:

I am currently researching a book regarding war. A friend's son just back from Iraq had high praise for the Kurds. In essence, he felt that while the Kurdish men he trained came to him unprepared and had poor weapons, they were honest, friendly and willing to do what it took. He found them very compatible with American mindset, and generally reliable, trustworthy guys. They worked hard, stayed positive, and made real progress.

By comparison, for the most part (there were a very exceptions, of course) he found the Iraqi men he trained to be deceptive, sullen, and lazy. He observed that they would only focus when immediate personal gain was plainly in view. Weapons and tactic's training not being considered profitable, they did not improve at an acceptable rate. He did not differentiate between Sunni and Shia.

His conclusion was that if he had to have indigenous guys backing him up, he thought he could rely on the Kurds before the Iraqi.

Was your experience in harmony with this? Please share your thoughts.

Stan

telecustom
05-09-08, 16:15
Stan, I would have to 100% agree with your assessment. The Kurds I have worked with were outstanding. The Iraqis both Shia and Sunni are only thinking about themselves. Utterly worthless.

KYPD
05-09-08, 16:25
Stan, I would have to 100% agree with your assessment. The Kurds I have worked with were outstanding. The Iraqis both Shia and Sunni are only thinking about themselves. Utterly worthless.

Telecustom:

Thanks for the input. I am glad to hear my friend's son had it right. May I ask what sort of interaction you had with them?

Stan