PDA

View Full Version : SR15 E3 mod 1 Charging handle or BCM?

tw4
12-04-13, 22:35
So, all my rifles have BCM gunfighters except my new KAC. Although it has a larger latch its design seems a bit antiquated or fragile. Any insight about this? how many have change it out or is purity where its at?
THX you guys seem to be KAC all knowers.

mtdawg169
12-05-13, 07:34
The KAC charging handle is very similar, if not the same as the LMT. It's a nice design for an enlarged latch, but doesn't provide the same advantages as a BCM Gunfighter CH. Namely, the improved durability.

mdoan300
12-05-13, 10:09
I'm curious about this as well. Has anybody broken an SR-15 charging handle?

Toddler
12-05-13, 10:14
Never broke a KAC, but I currently run Raptors on all my rifles.

F-Trooper05
12-05-13, 12:35
My SR15 came with an LMT charging handle. The BCM Gunfighter and Ranier Arms Raptor are better IMO.

mtdawg169
12-05-13, 12:44
I'm curious about this as well. Has anybody broken an SR-15 charging handle?

It will break just as easily as any other standard charging handle with an enlarged latch. Which is to say, it will serve most people just fine. But it is likely to break at the roll pin sooner or later with hard use. Nothing wrong with using it and it's certainly better than the standard CH, but the BCM was designed specifically to prevent this. Additionally, the BCM changes how torque is applied to the CH when using one hand to charge the gun. It results in a more linear application of force and produces a more straight back "feel" with less torque / binding.

Boba Fett v2
12-05-13, 13:01
The LMT/KAC CH is GTG for a stock CH. That said I replaced mine with a Raptor to make it a more ambidextrous system. Both the BCM and Raptor are superior designs, but it's not necessary to change out the LMT CH unless you just want to.

Sent from my piece of s**t phone using Tapatalk2 (which can be equally unreliable when coupled with a junk phone)

RPD03
12-05-13, 13:58
Although I've never had any issues with the stock KAC CH, I changed all my AR's over to the Raptor. Better design IMHO, and for us lefty shooters the ambi quality is a bonus.