PDA

View Full Version : anyone ever have a G-code holster "pop" off?

theizzardking
12-06-13, 18:50
looking at the rig, it seems if you fell and snagged it on something it may separate the holster from the mount...

anyone ever heard of this happening?

how positive is the lock up between the holster and the mount?

sorry if this is a dumb question, I'm a newbie and have never really had the opportunity to play with a holster of this type before...typically just used leather holsters.

I'm specifically trying to find a duty holster w/ thumb break for my Sig scorpion and battle belt.

also is the thumb break any good for hammer back/ condition 1 carry?
i like the thumb break to between the hammer and pin.

any help is appreciated.

Outlander Systems
12-06-13, 20:14
My opinion is that it is completely over engineered.

If you are uncomfortable carrying with the hammer back, sell the Sig and get a striker fired pistol.

Slpeod
12-06-13, 20:52
I carried a HK in OSH holster with the RTI interface on a few deployments. They can take a beating - I had an ATV mishap in the PI and the grip on the HK cracked and the RTI wheel only had a small chip on the edge (smaller than a pencil lead point), still have it if you want pics. I have now changed holsters but I still use the RTI setups on my battle belt, PC and belt slide, if GCode made a setup that accommodated a MRD on the glock with a light I would have it. I currently use a Safariland 6354 with the GCode RTI adapter.

I have no experience with the xst or soc models so I can't speak as to the thumb break for your Sig. Good luck.

theizzardking
12-06-13, 22:17
I carried a HK in OSH holster with the RTI interface on a few deployments. They can take a beating - I had an ATV mishap in the PI and the grip on the HK cracked and the RTI wheel only had a small chip on the edge (smaller than a pencil lead point), still have it if you want pics. I have now changed holsters but I still use the RTI setups on my battle belt, PC and belt slide, if GCode made a setup that accommodated a MRD on the glock with a light I would have it. I currently use a Safariland 6354 with the GCode RTI adapter.

I have no experience with the xst or soc models so I can't speak as to the thumb break for your Sig. Good luck.

thanks, that's exactly what i was looking for as I'm usually tromping through heavy brush, climbing over wet logs and sliding down hills on my backcountry endeavors , just wanted to make sure if i came down wrong it'd still be there, thanks again for the excellent feedback.

Wake27
12-06-13, 22:30
The RTI mount is very solidly built. I don't know whether it breaking entirely or somehow coming off by accidentally unlocking it is more likely, but I honestly can't see that being an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

sapper36
12-07-13, 07:42
The problems you are listing are just not realistic with a G-Code. They are the most over built holster I have ever used.

TheBearMedic
12-07-13, 23:58
The RTI interface is rock solid. I have beaten the hell out of my setup at work and it's still going strong.

theizzardking
12-08-13, 13:23
thanks again guys, I'll be ordering the RTI adapters and a G-code holster next pay day, it's tough to tell how robust it is without having ever seen one and fondling it.
it's good to see terms like over built and over engineered being thrown around, i think I'll be pretty happy with this setup once i get it.

any preference between the xst and the soc holster series?

Wake27
12-08-13, 13:55
That's all dependent on your needs. I have no need for the hood so I got the OSH. The tension screw can still keep the gun holstered very well.

sapper36
12-08-13, 14:38
The SOC really is only needed if you're running a light. I don't understand why G-Code does not mass produce the OSH or XST with a light. I was able to stop by the shop and they made me one for a M&P with a X300 and it rocked. I have XST holsters for my duty belt but if going concealed then the OSH would be fine. Good luck with your kit

Wake27
12-08-13, 15:07
The SOC really is only needed if you're running a light. I don't understand why G-Code does not mass produce the OSH or XST with a light. I was able to stop by the shop and they made me one for a M&P with a X300 and it rocked. I have XST holsters for my duty belt but if going concealed then the OSH would be fine. Good luck with your kit

From my understanding they intend to, but the INCOG release was much bigger than they expected so much of their effort has gone towards that. When I talked to them they noted that it is still a small operation and they have not been able to expand yet.

militarymoron
12-08-13, 17:10
I only use my G-code RTI wheel at the range, so i can't comment on 'hard use'. however, i think the RTI wheel setup is awesome as far as versatility and convenience goes - i use the RTI wheel mounted to two mini-PUPs (from bawidmann blades), and have RTI adapters mounted to my g-code, safariland and OTG kydex holsters. i can swap out holsters in seconds, between handguns, light/no light etc.

sapper36
12-08-13, 20:41
Wake, I believe that you're right about the INCOG slowing things down there. On Facebook they were talking about an INCOG with a light and also doing work with the APL so who knows when they be able to go full speed into the light rigs. Here is what they made they made me, when I dumped all of my 9mm's and went to 45's I let this go to someone to use, kinda wish I had kept it.

Wake27
12-08-13, 20:52
Wake, I believe that you're right about the INCOG slowing things down there. On Facebook they were talking about an INCOG with a light and also doing work with the APL so who knows when they be able to go full speed into the light rigs. Here is what they made they made me, when I dumped all of my 9mm's and went to 45's I let this go to someone to use, kinda wish I had kept it.

Yeah I saw that webcast where they held up the APL, I know there was some talk about a large amount of requests they were getting for WML INCOG's. I love their products so I hope they are able to start pumping out some of these items. I really would like to try an INCOG and a WML one would also be appealing, along with more WML OSH holsters. I too have one, for a G19 w/ TLR-1 in Coyote. Its solid, but my TLR I think is dying so I wish I could get a different holster easier.

RWH24
12-11-13, 01:16
I just received my OSH Combo rig, with out the RTI wheell attachment. I don't change equipment around much, didn't see a need for it. Great material and workmanship.