PDA

View Full Version : Meprolight and MBUS

coates80
12-07-13, 20:38
So I've Been Looking At Getting Magpul MBUS Flip Up Sights For My AR. I've Been Told That The Meprolight Night Sight Front Post Will Work In The Front MBUS But The Rear Aperture Won't Work. Can Anyone Tell Me Why EXACTLY It Won't Work? If It's Size, That May Be Something I Can Adjust With Some Tools. Or Is It Something About The Threaded Screw Through The Aperture? Sorry About The Caps, It's Something My Phone Does Sometimes For Some Unknown Reason.

_Stormin_
12-07-13, 21:29
Disregard... I found it. The MBUS sights use a different aperture setup than fixed sights. Those will fit into an A1 or A2 fixed sights. They may fix into different aftermarket sights that use the same style aperture as A1/2 sights.

coates80
12-07-13, 21:31
I'll Try To Get One Real Quick.

coates80
12-07-13, 21:39
This.
http://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B005AUEDAS
I'm Not Really Concerned With The Front Post As I've Been Told It Will Work (Although This Is Not The Front I Want) The Rear Is My Main Question.

_Stormin_
12-07-13, 21:40
Posted above. Unless you're planning on getting creative and doing some engineering to make them fit, it would work with the rear sight.

coates80
12-07-13, 21:48
Posted above. Unless you're planning on getting creative and doing some engineering to make them fit, it would work with the rear sight.

A Modification Is Exactly What I Had In Mind. But I Need To Know Why Exactly It Won't Fit (IE. Is The Base Of The Ring To Wide, A Different Thread For Retaining Screw???)

coates80
12-07-13, 22:56
Anyone else care to chime in???

Sent from my Droid RAZR Maxx

coates80
12-11-13, 18:53
Out of the 139 views this post has, only one person has any insight into my question?

GH41
12-11-13, 19:48
Out of the 139 views this post has, only one person has any insight into my question?

Buy a real set of Tritium powered iron sights! Troy comes to mind. Why are you trying to re-invent the wheel?? GH

coates80
12-11-13, 19:56
Because as of yet I haven't found any flip ups that have Tritium. If Troy does I'll look into them. The reason for my question was because I like Magpul and I want night sights. The only reason I mentioned Meprolight is because I have them on my Glock.