PDA

View Full Version : PWA lower?

shane_eld
12-07-13, 23:50
Hey guys i just picked up a new lower. The make is pwa and the roll mark has the lettering "AR Fifteen" it seems to be good quality but i notice the left side of the magwell is pretty thin compared to other lowers i have seen, its about 1/16th thick or just a hair less. What do you guys think. Also if I squeeze it REAL hard on the mag well it seems it can flex just a tiny tiny bit.

philipeggo
12-08-13, 00:02
http://www.ar15.com/archive/topic.html?b=6&f=2&t=75850

Hope that helps.

shane_eld
12-08-13, 01:26
Thanks. I am still wondering about the thickness of the left side magwell. I guess it doesnt matter since its really not a stress spot.

VLODPG
12-08-13, 06:01
IIRC,your lower is nor the same PWA that philipeggo is thinking about. Yours has the pictograph selector markings & stupid
"multi" cal markings, am I correct?

shane_eld
12-08-13, 10:26
yes it has the words AR FIFTEEN and multi

VLODPG
12-08-13, 11:28
The PWA philpeggo referred to were made by LMT.

In regards to your lower, since you already have it, I would assemble it with a good quality part kit (G&R ,LMT) & try it with various USGI issue mags to test for function.

shane_eld
12-08-13, 17:32
I already tested it it works great I just kinda dont like the thinness of the left side of magwell but I really dont think it matters. My ar's are "hard use" guns so what would you guys with a lot of experience do just build the lower and forget about it or get a different one.

GH41
12-08-13, 17:49
I already tested it it works great I just kinda dont like the thinness of the left side of magwell but I really dont think it matters. My ar's are "hard use" guns so what would you guys with a lot of experience do just build the lower and forget about it or get a different one.

You ask.... Get a new proven lower. You have mentioned the thin mag well three times already! GH

Col_Crocs
12-08-13, 18:25
My ar's are "hard use" guns...

Really?
If youre concerned about it, and having mentioned it 3 times certainly shows you are, just get a known good lower. Generally, lowers are hard to get wrong IMHO but perhaps you should do a little more research before you jump at another one.

Iraqgunz
12-08-13, 20:02
Sell it and get another.