PDA

View Full Version : Benelli ghost ring sight install

Mbmadness
12-11-13, 06:22
I am really wanting a benelli supernova tactical with ghost ring sight . Only problem is the GR sights only come on the regular nova tactical or supernova with pistol grip . I like the comfortech SNT but they won't put GR sights on that version . I see they used to offer this , and benelli replied back and told me to install the ghost ring sights . Is this something a gunsmith needs to do ?? Thank you for any tips or suggestions .

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk

hk_shootr
12-11-13, 06:50
Not something that a gunsmith must do, but the drilling a tapping of the holes are critical. Both angle and location are very important.

Mbmadness
12-11-13, 07:17
That stinks , I wonder why they can't just throw a comfortech stock on the pistol grip version ?

bnanaphone
12-11-13, 09:05
Could you just purchase a comfort tech stock and install it on the gun you want? Or does Benelli not sell the comfort tech stock alone?

For refrence, I have a SBEII w/ 28" bbl and comfort tech. I purchased a pistol grip stock and it fits just fine.

Mbmadness
12-11-13, 09:30
Just trying to find what I want to save 140$ on the stock . Would rather spend that 140$ on ammo . Thanx for the help so far , checking all over the net to find the magical unicorn B-)

snakedoctor
12-11-13, 14:39
the SuperNova Tactical is offered with Ghost Ring sights and standard ComfortTech stock. I have one

Model 20155

Mbmadness
12-11-13, 14:42
I just finished talking to benelli and they are hooking me up . How does this perform with 2&3/4 rifled slugs ? Any break in ? Anything it don't like ? Thanx snakedoctor

snakedoctor
12-11-13, 14:53
With 2&3/4 rifled slugs at 100 yards, I pretty much had to bottom out the rear sight to hit POA/POI. Once I did that I was hitting Campbell's soup cans at 100 yrds consistently. It's fun watching them explode, and cheap target practice.

Mbmadness
12-11-13, 15:01
Heck yeah , that's a freakin great idea . Thanx man