PDA

View Full Version : Aimpoint knockoff

bushy
05-11-08, 08:29
Question. my Comp M2 sounds like the real deal i bought it from an individual and the box and booklet all look legit. The scope looks legit from what I have read on here but one thing I don't here you all talking about is the scope covers. Mine are not the flip up type but are more bikini style attached to the scope and stretch out to cover front and back. Does Aimpoint make that type of cover?:confused: :confused: The off/on is 10 position that stops at the last position. It shows no dot for the first 3 or4 (my eyes aren't what they used to be) I assume this is for NV. Aimpoint on the tube does appear to be laser etched in black windage and elevation screws appear to be correct. Based on the description what do you think? Real or not?

8mmMauser
05-11-08, 11:47
Aimpoint bikini lens cover (http://www.swfa.com/pc-7728-849-aimpoint-accessory.aspx). It sounds like yours is legit, at least to me.

FJB
05-11-08, 13:21
Bushy,
You CompM2 sounds legit. The CompM2 has 4 NV and 6 Visible for 10 settings. Battery life is 10,000 hours on setting 7 of 10 if left constantly ON. 365 X 24 = 8790 hours, so battery life is approx 14 months. However, it will last longer if you turn it off between training events. If left ON in a constant ready position, recommend changing batteries once a year ie. every 31 Dec with your smoke detector batteries.

S/F