PDA

View Full Version : Best place to hog hunt?

rushca01
12-11-13, 13:46
Who can give me a couple recommendations on the best places to hog hunt? Travel within the US is not an issue. Looking for something for 4 guys, room and board on the premises is preferred and "tactical" (night hunts) hog hunting is a bonus.

Give me your best recs.

Thanks!

philipeggo
12-11-13, 13:54
Texas, theyve been having big issues with hogs down there. As for a specific place I cant really reccomend any but i am sure a google search would bring up a few options. Happy hunting.

Mariley85
12-11-13, 14:32
it's been over 10 years, but when i killed a bunch of tusked bastards, the central california coast was LOADED with them. truly beautiful country too.

hatidua
12-11-13, 18:53
it's been over 10 years, but when i killed a bunch of tusked bastards, the central california coast was LOADED with them. truly beautiful country too.

I have interest in shooting hogs but would not voluntarily give $.01 to the state of CA....and I was born there.

rushca01
12-12-13, 11:21
Anybody else out there recommend an actual place? I have been looking at Texas and googling "hog hunting texas" pulls up tons of results. Would rather book with someone that has a known reputation. I used to frequent the 68forums and wildriverranch seems to be popular but $$$$.

ryan
12-12-13, 12:12
Enon Plantation in Barbour County Alabama.

J-Dub
12-12-13, 18:20
Just about anywhere south of Lubbock, east of Midland in Texas.

Mariley85
12-15-13, 21:56
I have interest in shooting hogs but would not voluntarily give $.01 to the state of CA....and I was born there.

There are some good people left, I promise. At least 50 or 60 of us.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk (http://tapatalk.com/m?id=1)

wirides
08-29-14, 21:51
If you don't mind, I'm bumping this up since I have the exact same question. Any more recommended outfitters?

rocsteady
08-30-14, 22:30
At end of a business trip to Dallas, got out to hunt some hogs here: http://www.bouldertexotics.com/. They were fantastic. Was from a blind though, not out tracking stuff down which was fine with me after you see all the snakes around Texas. Great place to stay right on their ranch. Took us out to confirm zero on my rifle, fed me a great meal; made me feel like part of the ranch. It was my first hunt and got me hooked. I would go back in a heartbeat. They really made it a great experience. Saving to take my boys back again.
I posted a pic in SkyPup's .223 Barnes hunting thread, post #117.