PDA

View Full Version : Need A Nice Stock For A Remington Model 7

scottryan
12-12-13, 19:35
I have a Remington model 7 in .300 WSM. This is going to be a hunting rifle.

HS precision no longer makes their stock for a Model 7.

I want a composite stock with free floating barrel. Preferably with a full aluminum bedding block.

Minimal to no fitting preferred. I want something I can just put on like an HS precision pro series stock.

Toonces
12-14-13, 15:16
McMillan? Not sure it's exactly what you want, but there are not a lot of arguments about them not being the best hunting stock on a hunting specific forum like 24 Hour Campfire. Normal stocks are about $540 with a 6 month wait after ordering. They make a Model 7 specific stock, it is almost 1/2 way down the linked page. They can inlet any Remington stock for a Model 7.

http://www.mcmfamily.com/mcmillan-stocks-hunting-stock-list.php?subnav=branch2d

thopkins22
01-23-14, 22:17
If you can wait, HS Precision's website still says they're available(although with a different item number) with the super short wait time of four to five months.:p

I'd call them and see first to make sure that it is indeed for the 7. https://www.hsprecision.com/shop2/psv063.html

Otherwise I know McMillan will inlet for it and give you pillars, and presumably so will Manners...but I don't think you're going to get the superb aluminum bedding block option from Manners as it's a 700 affair.

RyanB
01-23-14, 22:31
HS Precision is best buds with Lon Horiuchi. I won't ever be buying anything from them.

ICANHITHIMMAN
01-24-14, 09:31
I have a Remington model 7 in .300 WSM. This is going to be a hunting rifle.

HS precision no longer makes their stock for a Model 7.

I want a composite stock with free floating barrel. Preferably with a full aluminum bedding block.

Minimal to no fitting preferred. I want something I can just put on like an HS precision pro series stock.
About a month old, but I am going to add my .02 anyhow. Mcmillan classic would be my choice for a hunting rifle, I have HS, manners, b&C all in around the came configuration ie, no vertical grips. The mcmillian is the best fitting and cleanest looking of them all, I like it so much I am always on the lookout for a deal on a used one, to replace the others I mentioned. Manners has the best CS and I honestly feel bad not suggesting them, as they have treated me so well, but the comb on the mcmillan just feels better when I rest my cheek on it, the manners is to thin.