PDA

View Full Version : surefire CS? and part?

themighty9mm
12-15-13, 00:50
Its Saturday at almost 1am, so I wont be able to call them for a day or so, but will when I get a chance.

I have a x300u. In order for it to fit on a handgun of mine I had to remove a spacer on the back. The spacer has 4 stainless steel pins. Each about 1/4 in long. Well I decided, I would rather have the x300 on a rifle on mine. When reinstalling the spacer I lost one of the little pins. I only lost one pin, and cant imagine its a big deal. But if possible I would like to replace it. I cant imagine it costing more than a buck or two.

So does anybody know of a part number for the tiny pin? Or will me telling surefire "tiny pin" be adequate enough? Also has anybody had to deal with their CS? How did it go?

GH41
12-15-13, 07:14
I would call it a spacer pin. If you have a way of accurately measuring it I'll make you one for the cost of a stamp. GH

Redbeardsong
12-15-13, 07:53
Surefire has been very good about sending replacement parts, in my experience. I'm inclined to think it would be better to ask them about the issue before everyone on the forum, who can't help you.

Lawnchair 04
12-15-13, 08:42
Email surefire cs, they've help me locate parts for my x300's without a problem. I needed a u/p plate for one and a battery door for another both times they didn't charge me a dime. Go to surefires website click contact, scroll to "repair, replacement, or refund", you should see a replacement parts section click that scroll down to the part you need select it and they'll ship it to your door no questions asked. From a quick glance it looks like they don't have those little pins but you can get a whole new battery door which includes those.

4DAIVI PAI2K5
12-15-13, 09:30
Their CS is out standing!

SpankMonkey
12-15-13, 09:49
Their CS is out standing

4DAIVI PAI2K5
12-15-13, 12:14
Their CS is out standing

Copy cat.

themighty9mm
12-15-13, 12:35
Lawnchair-
lol, good idea. Thank you

themighty9mm
12-15-13, 12:46
Redbeard-
Yes, that is why before anything else was posted. The very first line I typed out on this posting was I will be calling them, but its sunday and they are not open. I was asking in hopes, that I wouldn't call SF, and need to use words like dumafloppy. Maybe someone has been in this type of situation before and had a schematic, or something along those lines.

ST911
12-15-13, 12:48
I've had outstanding service from SF. They've stood behind their products through problems of my own making, and normal wear and tear. Give them a call Monday morning with your issue and I'm sure they'll take good care of you.

adh
12-15-13, 15:40
In my experience you need to call them. I emailed about two SR07 switches that have split cables.....never got a response...they're both still working so I never took it any further. When I've called in the past, they've been pretty much immediately responsive.

themighty9mm
12-15-13, 17:07
I ended up using lawnchairs advice, just ordered a replacement switch. I did not even think about, the switch/battery door already having the pins. And having a spare on hand couldn't hurt anything

Meplat
12-15-13, 18:12
I lost the exact same spacer and pins on my X300 twice. The first time they sent me a new spacer and pins and the second time they sent me an entirely new switch assembly to swap out. Both times for free.
SF has had pretty awesome CS the few times I have interacted with them as others in this thread have stated.

LMT Shooter
12-15-13, 19:37
I've dealt with SureFire CS a few times, and they have always been outstanding with me. The only thing I've evr paid for was shipping to return an X300 with a loose bezel/ lens. I have not contacted them via e-mail, I always call, but I'm pretty old school & hate e-mailing when I can call.

Moshjath
12-20-13, 13:50
Another echo of what has already been said, I messed with another mount for my scout light, then decided to go back to my OEM Scout mount; only to realize that I had lost the previous mount. They sent me a new mount completely free of charge.