PDA

View Full Version : New 3 Gun Shotgun

StingerDan
12-16-13, 14:26
What do you all think about Berretta's new competition shotgun? http://www.berettausa.com/products/beretta-1301-competition/

Hmac
12-16-13, 16:44
I haven't found any magazine extension tubes for it. Looks like a great firearm, though.

TomMcC
12-16-13, 16:51
They are Benelli light and Nordic makes a tube for them. I haven't actually shot one, only handled, but everything I've read says they are gtg.

SPQR476
12-16-13, 17:04
It runs.

DreadPirateMoyer
12-16-13, 17:59
Seems to me like the 21" version would make a great tactical weapon with all of the oversized accoutrements and such. I don't have much tactical shotgun experience, though.

Would anyone who knows shotguns more than I do be able to comment?

CA_Shooter
12-16-13, 19:25
Seems to me like the 21" version would make a great tactical weapon with all of the oversized accoutrements and such. I don't have much tactical shotgun experience, though.

Would anyone who knows shotguns more than I do be able to comment?

I have the 21" 1301 Comp and it's a nice shotgun. Light recoiling and has fed everything reliably down to Win AA 1 ounce light loads. Would need some add-ons out of the box to be "tactical" like sling swivels for example but it could serve.

In fact Beretta thinks so too: http://www.gunsholstersandgear.com/2013/10/29/beretta-1301-tactical-shotgun/

StingerDan
12-16-13, 21:34
I haven't found any magazine extension tubes for it. Looks like a great firearm, though. There's another video out through "Guns and Ammo" thats reviews it with an eight shot extension tube.

bullittmcqueen
12-17-13, 07:52
Pretty nice that they included all the most common features into the gun from the factory. The oversized bolt release and enlarged loading port look very nice. Doesn't make sense that they don't offer it with a mag tube already if they are going to include all the other 3-gun features. They are marketing it for 3-gun yet not including the most vital feature of a 3-gun shotgun: the mag extension. I guess leaving that off keeps it legal for hunting etc.

IZinterrogator
12-17-13, 09:33
They are probably running into the same problem as the Benelli M2 3-Gun model, can't sell an Italian shotgun with a magazine extension due to 922r. I have the Benelli M2 3-gun, but it was sold under a different SKU than the model in the catalog and it had no extension. I had to modify it for 922r compliance myself.

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

Canonshooter
12-17-13, 18:32
What's not to like? If I had the coin I wouldn't hesitate to roll with the Beretta.

loupav
12-19-13, 09:35
Looks like Nordic is making tubes for it.

http://nordiccomp.com/retail/shop/nc-extensions/new-nc-mxt-shotgun-extension-complete-assembly-12ga/

They have one at the LGS, kinda want one....

Steve
12-19-13, 19:55
I just ran these and few others in class that beretta attendedd
they flat out run they are fast accurate with slugs, shot smooth and produced some amazing patterns with buckshot
its on my short list of guns

montrala
12-20-13, 06:33
I just ran these and few others in class that beretta attendedd
they flat out run they are fast accurate with slugs, shot smooth and produced some amazing patterns with buckshot
its on my short list of guns

Good enough to consider switch from Benelli M1 Super 90? (competition use)

Steve
12-20-13, 07:48
Good enough to consider switch from Benelli M1 Super 90? (competition use)

YES no question about it

montrala
12-20-13, 09:52
YES no question about it

Your answer will probably hurt my bank account in long run... I was affraid of that. "Lucky" for me Polish Beretta distributor does not even know such model exist (OK, now they now, I asked yesterday).

ramairthree
12-20-13, 16:54
I have been wanting to get my hands on one of these to try.

As for 922,
I sure wish Beretta, Benelli, etc. would simply make a "US model" from the factory with the parts count to do whatever you want with it.

DreadPirateMoyer
12-20-13, 17:51
I'm heavily considering a purchase of the 24" version followed up by the 18.5" tactical. This has been out for a few months from what I've seen on Brian Enos. Does anyone have any higher round counts through this thing that could report on it?

My biggest fear would be durability with how light it is and with how fast the lock time is. I'm not sure if that fast lock time means a lighter bolt made of weaker materials or a lighter spring (or a stronger spring for all I know!), and I don't know if the gun's inherent lightness is a cause for concern either (receiver strength, etc.).

I wouldn't expect it to fall apart after a few thousand rounds, but hey, it's a competition gun, so I don't know what its life expectancy or design requirements were.

glocktogo
12-21-13, 01:10
Beretta semi's have a loyal following in the clay shooting world. They're known for soft recoil and durability. I'm not sure how the gas system will fare against the recoil operated Benelli system when it comes to cleaning and maintenance between rounds. Even if it's more labor intensive, so long as loading is equal I'd have to think the Beretta's gas system would be an advantage in a long course.

Steve
12-21-13, 08:33
beretta had several of there guns in class I was teaching last week in fla,

several of them saw over 800 rounds of various loads in 2 days
they ran great, so much I have ordered a 1301, 18.5 inch version run them were positive I saw no malfunctions that I can recall

the response from shooters at class who got the chance to run them was very positive

auto10mm
12-21-13, 15:43
beretta had several of there guns in class I was teaching last week in fla,

several of them saw over 800 rounds of various loads in 2 days
they ran great, so much I have ordered a 1301, 18.5 inch version run them were positive I saw no malfunctions that I can recall

the response from shooters at class who got the chance to run them was very positive

Yes, everyone that tried the 1301 in class was impressed and many of us are planning on buying them. It shot as softly as my M4 and seemed liked it weighed half as much

Steve
12-21-13, 16:12
I hope you had a good time at the class as well

auto10mm
12-21-13, 20:19
I hope you had a good time at the class as well

Absolutely, class was great. I enjoyed it immensely. I think it was a very practical approach to the use of a shotgun.
Pete